AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct Sir..it was lost on me.
I browse, jump to quickly,get bitter and..post. I should know better by now!

No worries....Whenever I fly with someone who is new I always include in my brief... Any mistake you make I've made the same one or worse, so don't stress over it"....:beer:

Your right, there are plenty of RJ guys who could be hired at majors who stay at their regional for personal reasons, MOST don't, and most AAI (and all RSW) view SWA as a career step up...because it is...

The question of "is" is questionable at the moment. Time will tell. They are not the most profitable company compared to others. If it is merger pains I can understand that, but when a company with 1/12th the size in airplanes makes 25% more in profit than ours that is worrisome. Everyone is doing well. SWA is not the best well at the moment. As for growth opportunity not so good in the "is" department.

What a DooshBag! Inaccurate Data!

Raw numbers here for you...

12yr SW/FO 132TFP x 95trips = 12,540/month
12yr AAI/CA 152/hr x 83 hr = 12,616/ month

I didn't assume any extra flying for SW FO. If I had factored that in, it would have been a runaway on the SW side. Either the SW payrates are that good, or yours sucked. Or both. The FO to FO pay difference is staggering....but for some reason you don't want to talk about that do you.

I imagine ALPA is trying to cherry pick a few examples to try and save face. Which after the DRC ruling isn't going over too well for most Airtran pilots. That can't wait to run from ALPA.

Maybe you might want to use actual payrates? as of dec.1/2013 a 12 year AirTran Captain makes $182.68 an hr not 152/hr? Try having your facts straight and stop living in your swa fantasy land! Also no one works 83 credit hour months. more like 90 hours of credit of pay . so 90 X 182 equals 16380 vs 12540 at swa for a total of 3840 more at AirTran times 12 months equals 46080 difference in pay dooshbag!

What a DooshBag! Inaccurate Data!

Raw numbers here for you...

12yr SW/FO 132TFP x 95trips = 12,540/month
12yr AAI/CA 152/hr x 83 hr = 12,616/ month

I didn't assume any extra flying for SW FO. If I had factored that in, it would have been a runaway on the SW side. Either the SW payrates are that good, or yours sucked. Or both. The FO to FO pay difference is staggering....but for some reason you don't want to talk about that do you.

I imagine ALPA is trying to cherry pick a few examples to try and save face. Which after the DRC ruling isn't going over too well for most Airtran pilots. That can't wait to run from ALPA.

Maybe you might want to use actual payrates? as of dec.1/2013 a 12 year AirTran Captain makes $182.68 an hr not 152/hr? Try having your facts straight and stop living in your swa fantasy land! Also no one works 83 credit hour months. more like 90 hours of credit of pay . so 90 X 182 equals 16380 vs 12540 at swa for a total of 3840 more at AirTran times 12 months equals 46080 difference in pay dooshbag!

Dooshbag? Really? Answer this Einstein.....what were Airtran Captains getting paid when SW bought you?

Hey bendover,

If we use your numbers it appears to be $76 dollars a month difference. Hardly the paycut people have been crying about. About 912.00 less per year. Stop crying bitches.

Ok ****************************** bags and ****************************** bag wannabees.................
I have to credit 120 trips to replace what I earned at airtran. Caveat to the previous statement ...... I get about two extra days off a month on the swa side. No pay for the twice a year on line exams. Five hours for the on line course. No. Chance of business class when deadheading.... heck, you are not even allowed to sit in the exit row...they are saving those seats for the business class folks who pay extra..... best you can hope for is for skinny folk to sit next to you. Seat pitch is atrocious.... better leg room in a crj 200. Pilots are procedurally correct...........have not experienced the video spoof individual with checklist. Enjoyed all of the folks I have flown with. Ops agents are nothing to write home about. No sense of urgency what so ever. Training center will get crazy next yeat and they are planning on on not getting. All of the 717 guys trained and will be getting paid vacation at swa rates..........

I'm bidding in the middle of the AAI CA list. When I transition, I'll be going from $178./hr. to $132./tfp.

So, some will lose less than me, and some will lose more than me, but in my case, it's about a $2,200. per month difference, using the numbers provided by Bentover.

Btw, if you want to use our Contract 2001 numbers, well, you're just an @sshole, and the discussion is over.

:D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back