• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. It won't be the end. This just cements the fact that I am going to take a $40,000 pay cut. So excuse me for not being ecstatic./QUOTE]

Listen guys, anyone who thinks they are going to make less money over here just does not understand how SWA works. We are different, and you can make more money here working less. Ask yourself this question, why would a super senior guy like Bruce Bronson (awesome guys by the way, first class, and a blast to fly with) come over to SWA ASAP? To make less money? He turns 65 next year with no hope of upgrade at SWA. He did it for the money, because no matter what you think, you will make more here. Just relax, and enjoy, the water is warm, come on in and stop fighting so hard.

Does he live in base?

No. It won't be the end. This just cements the fact that I am going to take a $40,000 pay cut. So excuse me for not being ecstatic./QUOTE]

Listen guys, anyone who thinks they are going to make less money over here just does not understand how SWA works. We are different, and you can make more money here working less. Ask yourself this question, why would a super senior guy like Bruce Bronson (awesome guys by the way, first class, and a blast to fly with) come over to SWA ASAP? To make less money? He turns 65 next year with no hope of upgrade at SWA. He did it for the money, because no matter what you think, you will make more here. Just relax, and enjoy, the water is warm, come on in and stop fighting so hard.

Sorry, but we have the data from actual AirTran pilots who have transitioned, and it is a pay cut for AirTran captains. Up to $30k, depending on longevity, whether they commute, and how willing they are to pick up extra time to make up for the loss.

And I'm having to work harder to make the same money. The three days that pay 25 and 4 days that pay 35 are gone. How many more days a month do I have to work for trips that pay 19.5 and 26 to make the same $?

We are all feeling this pain from decesions we didn't make!

Anyone know how much harder those in the GO are working? None, zero, zilch

It's time for unity on our side.

As much as I hate to say it!
Flattish won't fly!
KBB

If you want unity, you'd best stop pissing on people and telling them it's raining. As long as you insist on telling displaced captains that they aren't taking a pay cut, when they know that they are, you're not building unity. Stop it!

The payout was preventable... MB72 et. al. knew this, but that's ancient history... Until certain tranny's acknowledge that:

-The pay rates improved at AAI post acq announcement (a more accurate pay comparison are pre-acq rates)

-SL9 contained AAI CP seat protections

-A career at SWA is more desirable,secure, and lucrative than at AAI (and arguably any other airline)

-the loss of the 717 was harmful to all pilots

There will never be unity

PCL,

Raw numbers here for you...

12yr SW/FO 132TFP x 95trips = 12,540/month
12yr AAI/CA 152/hr x 83 hr = 12,616/ month

I didn't assume any extra flying for SW FO. If I had factored that in, it would have been a runaway on the SW side. Either the SW payrates are that good, or yours sucked. Or both. The FO to FO pay difference is staggering....but for some reason you don't want to talk about that do you.

I imagine ALPA is trying to cherry pick a few examples to try and save face. Which after the DRC ruling isn't going over too well for most Airtran pilots. That can't wait to run from ALPA.

Last edited:
Ask yourself this question, why would a super senior guy like Bruce Bronson (awesome guys by the way, first class, and a blast to fly with) come over to SWA ASAP? To make less money? He turns 65 next year with no hope of upgrade at SWA.

Oh, Lord. :rolleyes:

Bruce is a good guy, and I'm glad you enjoyed flying with him, but at AirTran, as a 18 year check airman, his pay would have averaged around $200./hr.

The reason he transitioned was simple . . . . he lives in Denver. He shaved 25 hours of commuting off his schedule. It wasn't for the pay.

Last edited:
red, as long as you're using 2001 pay rates instead of the current agreement's rates, then this isn't worth a discussion.

But hey, maybe you don't want unity. If that's the case, then keep it up. Means nothing to me, since I won't have a dog in the fight. But it certainly won't be in your best interests to keep up the divisive nonsense.

red, as long as you're using 2001 pay rates instead of the current agreement's rates, then this isn't worth a discussion.

But hey, maybe you don't want unity. If that's the case, then keep it up. Means nothing to me, since I won't have a dog in the fight. But it certainly won't be in your best interests to keep up the divisive nonsense.

I've posted this before, but the 2001 SWA pay rates were pathetic . . . If you want to post those as a comparison, goat head.

This forum is mostly about sore winners versus sore losers. At least the sore losers have some humility. :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back