Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank You!

Either way the aruguement is that of what are my union dues get me? How much leverage does my union have? What are my short term and long term goals for a contract? Can NPA get you there? Be honest with yourself. Do you really think that NPA is going to grow a pair, become really powerful and somehow come up with the money to be able to fight and strike if neccessary? If I was at Airtran I would be very afraid that I would lose my major airline line job because someone in management doesnt like me. Or if I got screwed out of a few hundred dollars of pay and could not grieve it. NPA cant even reign in its own Gestapo style training dept.

We are coming up on electing some new NPA board members; hopefully we can get rid of the Jimmy Carters. I am guessing shortly after the NPA elections the issue of ALPA will come up. Many, like I feel that ALPA is long overdue and are tired of watching the company with the NPA's assistance erode our contract. No more of the NPA's "Taxation without Representation".

Last edited:
maybe its time to try something else. alpa, teamsters whoever. dues will be less and the representation couldn't be worse.

MB at a lucheon at Pic-my-dilly's said he will give it another 6 months (this was a couple of months ago) so I would say sometime towards the first of the year, if things don't change WE WILL start looking for a national union. Like I said I would vote ALPA in, I just wonder if the scabs would try to shoot it down.

Like I said I would vote ALPA in, I just wonder if the scabs would try to shoot it down.

How many are left? 20? No matter the number, there aren't enough of them to shoot anything down. The more real problem to voting ALPA in is the large number of regional pilots here that feel they've been effed by ALPA in the past.

BTW - I'd vote to bring ALPA here in a nanosecond.

Last edited:
I would also vote yes for ALPA simply for the better insurance. My guess is that ALPA would be voted in today if it ever came up for a vote. Just my opinion.

We're quickly getting to the point where even those who have been hosed by ALPA in the past (or feel like they were), are re-thinking their position, simply because of the options, or lack thereof, not to mention the protections that come with an ALPA war chest in times of strike, as more and more people realize that a strike is the ONLY way you'll EVER see a fair contract at AAI.

That being said, I wouldn't want to see anyone try a petition for ALPA or some other type of ALPA drive without the NPA BoD or a majority of BoD members in support of it. It would be ugly, nasty, divisive, and would yield the kind of bitter feud you see over at UAir/AWA right now with USAPA.

If it's something you want, make sure the people you elect this Fall are proponents of ALPA or, at least, are open to doing the will of the majority of the membership. Have ALPA come do roadshows about what they have to offer, then poll the pilot group. If the majority shows they want ALPA, put it out for vote. If not, no harm, no foul, keep the status quo.

Not rocket science...

Not trying to infer that I don't have faith in MB or the BoD, simply that I think that, given the experience level of Kolski, et al. and their focus on concessions at all costs, that we need the resources that ALPA brings to the table.

I'd prefer the personal legal protections ALPA would bring as well,,, but that's for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back