• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA was THE founding council if I remember my history right (It's been a LONG time since I read "Flying the Line")...

I don't know about DAL.

anyone know what airlines were original members/founders of Alpa?

RV

Yes it was American, now what are you referring cause American dumped Alpa we shouldnt give them consideration?? If you look at why they dumped Alpa they felt that they werent militant enough on their view points. But does this mean that Alpa's services as well as bargaining power is any less?? Cause of one airlines decision to drop them?? Actually in fact go look at where APA is today, after AMR sued the hell out of them and they are pretty much almost bankrupt. The funny thing is, you already are starting to see an Alpa movement within in their union as well. Its amazing how many brand new shiny Alpa stickers are appearing on the flight cases of many American pilots. I dont understand TWE how in past previous post you can sit there and bash Alpa so much for things that it was the fault of the pilot group itself. Alpa isnt going to fight a contract for you, but merely provide the servies IF YOU WANT to fight for yourself. Not to mention all the other nice goodies of loss of medical, LTD, etc. You can continue to try with your smart remarks of saying why Alpa is so bad. But tell me some real true concrete things that arent hear say of what Alpa did and back it up!!! I have had this conversation with so many people that now its almost to easy to cite stuff because I have cited it so many times!! Now I am not saying that Alpa is a godsend and its going to save all our problems and everything is going to be great. But come on man, its going to be a hell of alot better then we have!!! I am sick of seeing Airtran pilots cower down cause of their management. Hearing them say oh my god I hope that I dont get a call about this and watch them fret over it like a small child!! You know what I am talking about TWE, even ex TWA guys I have flown with are talking of Alpa. This management loves NPA, why do you think they hate Alpa so much!! Why does our chief pilot openly say he hates Alpa with a passion!!! Why do think they hate Alpa so much??? Is it cause oh maybe Alpa screwed them to?? NOO its because they truely know the power of Alpa'a union. They dont want to have to sit down across a table with a legal team that is just as good as theres.

How many red bull's have you had today?? I was simply asking about original airline members. Thanks for your input though it was really enlightening.

RV

Yes it was American, now what are you referring cause American dumped Alpa we shouldnt give them consideration??
First, I think the word you're looking for is "inferring".

Second, ALPA wasn't founded by any ONE pilot group, there were several that got together, officially founded in 1931.

AA split off in 1963.

Yes it was American, now what are you referring cause American dumped Alpa we shouldnt give them consideration?? If you look at why they dumped Alpa they felt that they werent militant enough on their view points. But does this mean that Alpa's services as well as bargaining power is any less?? Cause of one airlines decision to drop them?? Actually in fact go look at where APA is today, after AMR sued the hell out of them and they are pretty much almost bankrupt. The funny thing is, you already are starting to see an Alpa movement within in their union as well. Its amazing how many brand new shiny Alpa stickers are appearing on the flight cases of many American pilots. I dont understand TWE how in past previous post you can sit there and bash Alpa so much for things that it was the fault of the pilot group itself. Alpa isnt going to fight a contract for you, but merely provide the servies IF YOU WANT to fight for yourself. Not to mention all the other nice goodies of loss of medical, LTD, etc. You can continue to try with your smart remarks of saying why Alpa is so bad. But tell me some real true concrete things that arent hear say of what Alpa did and back it up!!! I have had this conversation with so many people that now its almost to easy to cite stuff because I have cited it so many times!! Now I am not saying that Alpa is a godsend and its going to save all our problems and everything is going to be great. But come on man, its going to be a hell of alot better then we have!!! I am sick of seeing Airtran pilots cower down cause of their management. Hearing them say oh my god I hope that I dont get a call about this and watch them fret over it like a small child!! You know what I am talking about TWE, even ex TWA guys I have flown with are talking of Alpa. This management loves NPA, why do you think they hate Alpa so much!! Why does our chief pilot openly say he hates Alpa with a passion!!! Why do think they hate Alpa so much??? Is it cause oh maybe Alpa screwed them to?? NOO its because they truely know the power of Alpa'a union. They dont want to have to sit down across a table with a legal team that is just as good as theres.

APA is far from bankrupt. Your financial obervation on APA is about 5 years old and currently erroneous.

There was a push for ALPA almost 5-8 years ago. Once again your information is VERY dated.

AAflyer

Some good points and arguments. Ok, let's get ALPA in here. MB is not going to get anything done. He just does not have the resources. Why wait 6 months? Would the scabs even be allowed in ALPA?

Latest resources

Back