• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Captain leaves for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This board is ruining any future, healthy relationship between the SWA and AT pilots.

And yes, a few can do just that. And are doing so.

Too bad.

You ever have a fight with your wife? You still have sex with her? Take her to dinner? Treat her well?

Same thing here. We're going to be just fine. I'm sure the pissed off SWA guys will find the AT guys are hard working good dudes to fly with just like the Airtran guys will find SWA to be everything and more they could have hoped for.

Personally, I don't mind a little fire in the belly on both sides.

Gup

And everyone needs to keep these mergers in prespective... everyone is subject to the whims of their company's goals.. Mergers shake up the comfort zone on both sides.. the bottom line is the employees have very little control over any of it, whats going to happen, will happen... we are all puppets of some sort or another..

You ever have a fight with your wife? You still have sex with her? Take her to dinner? Treat her well?

Same thing here. We're going to be just fine. I'm sure the pissed off SWA guys will find the AT guys are hard working good dudes to fly with just like the Airtran guys will find SWA to be everything and more they could have hoped for.

Gup

Agree 100%. Well put.

Gup

With all due respect Gup, this is not unconditional love and completely different. And a little fire in the belly has caused many wars in history.

Almost everyone I work with has a different perspective. These words are creating so much damage. Why take that chance? It could be gambling with all of our careers. If you think a USair vs AWA situation is not a possibility, then I find that naive.

And everyone needs to keep these mergers in prespective... everyone is subject to the whims of their company's goals.. Mergers shake up the comfort zone on both sides.. the bottom line is the employees have very little control over any of it, whats going to happen, will happen... we are all puppets of some sort or another..
Exactly. Why create a "little fire" that can obviously turn into a war.

Alcohol does wonders! I've been drinking non-stop since September 27, 2010. Makes me numb....... pass the LUV bong, then I :crying: myself to sleep.

I have to agree with GUP. I just can't believe that a handful of AAI and LUV guys spouting off on FI will kill any culture or future relationships.

I have to agree with GUP. I just can't believe that a handful of AAI and LUV guys spouting off on FI will kill any culture or future relationships.

Is it impossible? Is it likely? Who knows?

I know what I am hearing on the line and I say it is not worth the risk. People are quoting attitudes displayed on this forum without being involved in the site. As of now, there has not been any other voice heard. People are calling out guys from Air Tran by name. Does that sound healthy?

If you differ, then you may be risking the future for everyone involved needlessly. Why take that chance?

I'm confused. What attitudes are you referring to? I only see about 6 AAI pilots on this forum of which only one (1) has said things that can be construed as controversial. I can say that just the opposite is going on at AAI. Nobody really cares about FI. FI has always been kind of a joke. Sorry Lear. I fear that the SWA pilots, not all, but the ones you mention, are whipping themselves into a frenzy over the "grapevine effect." "Hey did you hear?......."

Latest resources

Back