• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cancelling classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard that the next class is april 7 (I think). It will have 22 new hires in it. Then there will be a break, and ramp back up in Aug. We going to hire the same # pilots just making some adjustments to class dates.

Ridethelighting,

does the august class starts info come from a reliable source or is it just a rumour. HR told me they were hoping to resume classes late summer or fall, but that could be anywhere up to December.

That may just be conjecture from the training department on the Aug. start dates.

Would make sense though, seeing as we always drop capacity at the end of the summer but want it back up for the holiday season and initial takes about 2 months.

Late Aug. class dates would let the trickle of attrition we have thin the ranks during the summer peak season, leave it at lower levels for Aug, Sep, and Oct, then put a class of new-hires on reserve just in time for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.

A quote from the NPA blast mail;

Even with a less aggressive growth plan, the good news is our company continues to grow. They have indicated that upgrade and New Hire classes will continue throughout ‘08. We will provide you with updated information regarding the status of future New Hire classes as it becomes available.

Do you think attrition at AT will slow down or pick up?
With all of the legacy carriers stopping or slowing hiring, and the cargo carriers not hiring, attrition will slow to almost nothing, in my opinion.

Hi!

PCL_128 is talking about American hiring.

The Asian carriers are hiring full-bore, so there will still be attrition. In fact, they are getting more and more desperate for pilots, and they will take action to improve those jobs, to get the pilots they need.

cliff
YIP

PCL_128 is talking about American hiring.
Um, yeah, that's what matters. I can't think of a single one of our pilots that has left for a foreign carrier. Living in the sand in Dubai doesn't appeal to too many people.

Our union vice president a few years back left for Emirates. People do leave for foreign carriers. Cathay just opened a bunch of new US bases for their cargo ops including Atlanta. Never say never.

Latest resources

Back