• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran BOD recommends a No Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The thing that worries me is the recent announcement for deferring 737 deliveries in 2008. After the buyout perhaps they will puts those deferred aircraft over to the midwest certificate as leverage against AirTran pilots in contract talks. There is nothing from keeping them from operating two seperate pilot groups - ala Us airways.

Heard that the average day and core credit system are still in the TA. Automatic No vote for me! With this Midwest deal looking more and more like the ATA debacle and the union membership getting ready to send this TA down in flames is will show everyone that our management has no idea how to get a deal done. Dig in your cleats boys its gonna be a while before we have another TA to vote on.

see... all we had to do is yell at the top of our lungs and threaten a recall and poof the BOD does the right thing...easy!

There is nothing from keeping them from operating two seperate pilot groups - ala Us airways.

Sure there are . . . a "Common Carrier Petition" by the pilots, and outrage by the shareholders.

AirTran management has been selling this thing based upon the synergies of a combined operation. Any attempt to operate two separate airlines will be dealt with harshly, and would pretty much guarantee ALPA representation for the whole pilot group.

Should have done that 2 months ago.
It is about time.
Let's vote No, recall these idiots and move on.

Don't fall victim to Allens' threats that we have no protections going forward if we merge or get bought out. The dude forgot who he was representing.Go ahead and send 73's to midwest. We will have to exercise or right to shut the place down. It is time to sh...t or get off the pot.

The thing that worries me is the recent announcement for deferring 737 deliveries in 2008. After the buyout perhaps they will puts those deferred aircraft over to the midwest certificate as leverage against AirTran pilots in contract talks. There is nothing from keeping them from operating two seperate pilot groups - ala Us airways.

what announcement to defer?

"Looking forward, passenger demand appears strong," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran's president and chief operating officer. "With the delivery on July 16th of our last Boeing 737-700 for 2007, we expect to see improving trends in unit revenue and costs during the second half."
I thought we were going to continue deliveries this fall....i guess not.

Gents lets not lose perspective with the conspiracy theory here. Atlanta can't handle any more airplanes because AirTran has no more gates there. AirTran has over 50 airplanes on order and they can't be placed in service on point to point service, so they must go somewhere. Of course they are going to go to MKE. That is the whole point of attempting to buy a hub in MKE via Midwest. There is no secret there and I don't believe there is a whipsaw period, other than in your mind. Airtran needs this deal and everyone knows it. It cost way to much money to go into a market and try to start a new hub. Think from a business perspective and not from an emotional one and you will be fine. Now this TA is a whole different matter that all AirTran pilots should keep separate. This is not US Airways and I don't foresee it shaking out the same way. AirTran needs a new hub and a new one fast, to place 15 new airplanes next year. If the Midwest deal falls apart, perhaps there will be deferrments. But remember this whole deal is based on putting those shiny 737s somewhere and acquiring LGA, and DCA slots and nothing more. It is not about trying to screw the pilots, so get that out of your head. If the deal goes through, there will be new airplanes coming to AirTran and there will be a need to staff them. Now new hires will have the choice between Atlanta, MKE, and maybe MCI and BWI. Only the displacement of the MD-80 pilots will slow things down at first, but then plenty of growth comes from there. Now the TA.........? New thread.....

Last edited:
Why can't they be placed in point to point service? SWA seems to do just fine with that type of thing.

Latest resources

Back