• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vwipe said:
[ YX has increased to 5 flights a day to meet demand.[/

....oooo 32 seats. Big demand!

Guess again Big Boy. B717's. MSP loves them. Hear we are looking at expanding out of Humphrey terminal to other destinations. Why fly NWA when you can fly the best.

jetflier said:
Additionally, PhX was owned by Hughes Airwest untill being aquires by Republic, then NWA, also scaled back that operation post merger. If that haden't happened, America West and SWA may not have had the ability to establish their hubs there.

No way.:rolleyes: You are giving NWA too much credit. Republic was a far better carrier than NWA, and NWA would have just lost that market anyway, ala USAir in California in the post PSA days. It's just not that good of a product.

I heard AirTran is going to MSP - SEA next summer... then SEA - ANC.

It will be funded by the huge expansion in DTW and FNT.... LOL... You guys crack me up ... We just show up and fly safe from point to point. Try to have a little fun and dont piss everyone off in the process.

Management has pounded us labor folks into the ground...

Raise the damn ticket prices fellas !!! My kids need braces cause I work for a LCC.

Here fishy fishy.....

This a negative, not a positive announcement

Detroit is the worst city on the planet, and Airtran can't wait to go there. The guys running the show must be insane. Couldn't they find a better city to choose? Next will be Sagi-nuts, MI. I can't wait to apply there. Peace out.

Mikes Apartment said:
Detroit is the worst city on the planet

You've obviously never been to Lagos.....

mikes apartment,

it's not whether or not the city you fly to is cool, it's can you fill every seat on every flight. No one will accuse Moline, Bloomington, or Flint of being cool cities, but every flight is full, and we are making money on it... yeah, I think DTW is a sewage pit, but I don't think we'd be going there if our management didn't see an opportunity.

Mikes Apartment said:
Detroit is the worst city on the planet, and Airtran can't wait to go there. The guys running the show must be insane. Couldn't they find a better city to choose? Next will be Sagi-nuts, MI. I can't wait to apply there. Peace out.

I take it you've never been to Memphis. This place is a breath away from becoming East St Louis. 60 Carjackings last month, including one that resulted in an elderly man beat to death within sight of the FDX hub.

Latest resources

Back