• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran announces Detroit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ive been to Memphis, and I thought it was Africa HOT. Detroit is worse though. I live in Texas, and it is better than Detroit by far.

Ive lived in Texas and it sucks . The North is much better.

How can Detroit be bad it is near Willow Run (YIP)

Mikes Apartment said:
Ive been to Memphis, and I thought it was Africa HOT. Detroit is worse though. I live in Texas, and it is better than Detroit by far.

Were you in the actual city of Detroit or in the suburbs? And if you were in the suburbs, what parts?

I'm tired of Michigan getting ragged on,

If you drive 30 minutes northwest, from either airport YIP or DTW, you will find yourself in some of the nicest scenery/farmland in the country. Keep going in that direction and it gets nicer yet. Rolling hills, winding roads, and you are never more than 10 miles from a nice NATURAL lake ANYWHERE in the state of MI. Now, I been down to Texas, outa about 300 times, I would have to say that's about 299.5 too many!

That place lookes like IRAQ after our scorched earth policy the first time. And everyone raves about Dallas. Why? Its a mediocre city in the middle of nowhere. Lakes?, no lakes, just brown man-made resevoirs. Now if your a bible thumpin, right wing extremist, that enjoys wearing Wranglers, and cowboy boots, then Texas is probably a perfect fit fer ya.

Now the one redeeming factor Texas does have is South Padre Island. But most of the folks there are commuters from up here.

P.S. And everyone from the ATL area. You dare say that WAR ZONE is better than here? Half the cars on the roads around the airport area wouldnt be permitted on the roads in MI. And if I want entertainment for the evening I turn on CNN to see what haynes crime has been committed there today or what Super meth lab has been busted there today or what goofball wont come down from a crane there today after he strangled his girlfriend to death, or what that ding dong runaway B1tch bride is up to now that she's out of the mental institution and been convicted of her second felony. You guys invited to her wedding? Boy she's a nice neighbor to have huh?

What are you guys putting in the water down there? Crazy juice?

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
Half the cars on the roads around the airport area wouldnt be aloud on the roads in MI.

And if I want entertainment for the evening I turn on CNN to see what hayness crime has been committed there today

Hayness? Aloud? I see that the state of Michigan is spending big money on public education, especially in the all important area of writing skills.

The irony....

Nu

Just because i'm based in ATL doesn't mean I live there. Look, there are great neighborhoods in every city. Unfortunately, as pilots, all we see is the area around the airport. As for Detroit, I used to play junior hockey in a Detroit league, and I can honestly say that the 6 or 7 areas that I was in, I wasn't too impressed. But hockey rinks aren't exactly in the nicest areas either. I live in a great place in STL, but we have East St. Louis to live down, so we all have our areas.

NuGuy said:
Hayness? Aloud? I see that the state of Michigan is spending big money on public education, especially in the all important area of writing skills.

The irony....

Nu

Oh, the spelling police. I might mis-spell a few words here and there when Im typing fast. But, if you ever meet me in person, you will easily understand what I am saying when I speak. I cant say the same for some of the folks in the ATL area!

P.S. i fixed it fer ya, see?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back