• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran - a warm welcome my friends

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It won't be a staple, no matter how much the junior f/os at SWA want one.

That's strange, because the SWA guys on here last week were claiming that ALL of the SWA deliveries were to replace old hulls, Plans change on a drop of a hat here. Who knows what the plans were on future deliveries at either company. YOU dont know and non of us do. To use future deliveries is a joke and is very telling of your experience. and that ALL of AirTran's orders would be to replace old SWA hulls, too, so there would be no growth. :laugh:

AirTran was actively hiring and training pilots, Since? Again for those of YOU that are slower. Dont you think our plans were alterd to make this purchase. I dont know maybe. with a class of 22 starting every month through March, Then they to could have been on the streets when you went on strike with no protection when, suddenly, we stop hiring, and SWA, who hadn't hired anyone since '08 suddenly starts hiring about when you furloughed wasnt it or was that 09? I think our hiring has been explained well enough. Some are just to slow to understand it I guess. . . . . so it looks like we're already bringing stuff to the table. No not really! ;)

I think it's past time for Ty Web and lear70 and a few others to admit the obvious- Southwest is bringing quite a bit more to the table: 32 gates at ATL, plus LGA and DCA and BOS slots Do you even fly, BOS doesnt have slots?, plus 30 additional cities that SWA doesn't serve, plus International Ops. How many cities do Airtran pilots get, slots at EWR and LGA plus gates at DEN, DAL, ABQ, etc. Looks like we bring a hell of alot more. Plus those pesky things called pay, benefits, QOL etc. International that was close on the horizon also.

It'll be a good fit, but we need to stop arguing about this stuff and let the arbitrator settle it, I agree. then get down to business. Put your little red Swingline Stapler away, Milton!

Ty
Some of you guys are so funny. Maybe Airtran should have bought SWA. Oh thats right you couldnt. Then what would you guys be saying? What a bunch of hypocrites! This just makes it all easier. Except for the pee ons like us. Heres to the next year. It should be interesting. Ill just stay away from these forums. A bunch of people including myself speculating on stuff we know wont matter.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are so funny. Maybe Airtran should have bought SWA. Oh thats right you couldnt. Then what would you guys be saying? What a bunch of hypocrites! This just makes it all easier. Except for the pee ons like us. Heres to the next year. It should be interesting. Ill just stay away from these forums. A bunch of people including myself speculating on stuff we know wont matter.

Agreed, why bother? I'm over it, too.

PS., We had EWR slots and gave 'em up two years ago, you can have 'em. :laugh:

Talk about a change in the intended direction of this thread...

AirTran brings a lot to the table, if not SW wouldn't spend 1.4 bill (ATL?)... And yes SW brings a lot to the table too, in terms of a Very descent pilot contract.

Now, can we get back to counting how many beers we'll be buying each other and how we are going to kick a$$ once we team up?

Talk about a change in the intended direction of this thread...

AirTran brings a lot to the table, if not SW wouldn't spend 1.4 bill (ATL?)... And yes SW brings a lot to the table too, in terms of a Very descent pilot contract.

Now, can we get back to counting how many beers we'll be buying each other and how we are going to kick a$$ once we team up?

Yes Air Tran brings a lot to the table:

1. Aircraft
2. Routes
3. Gates

4 ??? There is not a 4 because SWA didn't buy the Air Tran employee's

PS., We had EWR slots and gave 'em up two years ago, you can have 'em. :laugh:

You will soon have them to brother. I apologize for getting heated. Gotta protect my current SWAPA brethren. We will all know soon enough. Cheers!!

None of the nasty stuff we say is accomplishing anything constructive but venting our frustrations in public. When those frustrations are directed at other people though they get tired of being in the direction of those remarks.

There are several hot buttons we can push that are either rumor or fact that can totally set the other side off. I do not know what that will accomplish, besides bargaining in public. It is Saturday night, enjoy it.

Airtran would never reach the size of Southwest if you received "industry standard rates." Welcome to WN.

I'm buying the first round too. Welcome aboard.

BTW....no SLI has ever been completed on any internet web board....let the respective comittees hash it out while the rest of us drink beer and eat nachos.

I'm in !!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back