• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran - a warm welcome my friends

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw Garry Kelly in a video message with the SWA logo behind him concering the merger. You would think that he was running for political office.

Seriously, besides a few Tranny CAs, who among the combined group wouldn't be happy with a staple? Sheesh, talk about hitting the jackpot!

Put it to a vote. Staple or no deal, and I bet it would pass easily.

Good luck all!

Seriously, besides a few Tranny CAs, who among the combined group wouldn't be happy with a staple? Sheesh, talk about hitting the jackpot!

Put it to a vote. Staple or no deal, and I bet it would pass easily.

Good luck all!

I'd vote no, and so would probably 2/3 of our Pilot group.

Hmmm,,,, SWA FO with stagnant growth, or AT CA with 50 airplanes on order? Hmmmm? Let me think about it.

You don't seem to get it . . . . Apparently, you do need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing:laugh:

SWA FO with stagnant growth, or AT CA with 50 airplanes on order?
SWA as of June 2010 has 98 737s on order. Granted some of them would be to replace some of the older -300s, but not all of them. There is also the plan to convert some of the orders to -800s. There was a plan to start growing SWA again, as the recent announcement of hiring 200 shows.

Let me see...the most successful airline in history or going on strike because my job sucks so bad!!!

I don't know Ty.......which way is the wind blowing in your world.

Not trying to start a fight because we all will be on the same team here shortly, but obviously you are trying to sugar coat a few things.

Cheers and welcome aboard!!!

Let me see...the most successful airline in history or going on strike because my job sucks so bad!!!

The reason we are willing to strike is because we insist on being paid industry average, which is Alaska/Hawaiian rates. I'm not champing at the bit for the merger, and I sure wouldn't trade what I have for a SWA staple, not by a long shot.

Other than extra pay, this merger doesn't offer me much. I still have my first wife, bought my house at the right time, and my needs are simple. :laugh: I bid for time off, an easy commute and decent layovers. I get that already.

Last edited:
SWA as of June 2010 has 98 737s on order. Granted some of them would be to replace some of the older -300s, but not all of them. There is also the plan to convert some of the orders to -800s. There was a plan to start growing SWA again, as the recent announcement of hiring 200 shows.

That's strange, because the SWA guys on here last week were claiming that ALL of the SWA deliveries were to replace old hulls, and that ALL of AirTran's orders would be to replace old SWA hulls, too, so there would be no growth. :laugh:

AirTran was actively hiring and training pilots, with a class of 22 starting every month through March, when, suddenly, we stop hiring, and SWA, who hadn't hired anyone since '08 suddenly starts hiring . . . . so it looks like we're already bringing stuff to the table. ;)

I think it's past time for "Bob Dylan" and a few others to admit the obvious- AirTran is bringing quite a bit to the table: 300 upgrades. . . . 32 gates at ATL, plus LGA and DCA and BOS slots, plus 30 additional cities that SWA doesn't serve, plus International Ops. . . . .

It'll be a good fit, but we need to stop arguing about this stuff and let the arbitrator settle it, then get down to business. Put your little red Swingline Stapler away, Milton!

Ty

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back