• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran 717 vs. 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed the day after you and am also in the Feb 25th class. I believe I was the youngest at age 35! I thought I would have been the old one!

Awesome dude. I think I was about the middle of my interview group. I don't know how many were offered the job. Look forward to seeing you in class. By the way, what are you going to do for lodging during training? Crash pad, hotel, efficiency, etc.

See ya in Feb dude.
:beer:

Fortunately for me, I live about 40 minutes away. That's one biggie I chose AirTran. I don't want to commute. Of the 7 who interviewed in my group, I was the only local. It appears most will be doing the crashpad deal.. It's cheaper than a hotel for 2 months. So what's your age? I have a feeling I'll be at the bottom of the list.

That's it, that's all you could come back with?

What are you, like 8 years old?

I should have known better than to match wits with you in the first place. After all, you're the one who called me an "a$$", how could I possibly counter that? Guess you win.

Fortunately for me, I live about 40 minutes away. That's one biggie I chose AirTran. I don't want to commute. Of the 7 who interviewed in my group, I was the only local. It appears most will be doing the crashpad deal.. It's cheaper than a hotel for 2 months. So what's your age? I have a feeling I'll be at the bottom of the list.

Even though the title of this thread is 737 or 717, I would definitely agree that not commuting is a HUGE plus no matter what airplane you get. Although, I would like to see more three day trips on the 737 lines (that's another story).

What are you, like 8 years old?

I should have known better than to match wits with you in the first place. After all, you're the one who called me an "a$$", how could I possibly counter that? Guess you win.

he was calling you a democrat.

I am 35. I have no idea about the breakdown of the class. I think I am going to go for the 717 anyway. There are 87 71'a and about 50 73's. I am assuming that there will be more bid choices. I am not sure though. That is why I started this thread. Some how is got way off topic as most threads do. good luck anyway dude, see you in Feb. By the way, do you know of any good pads?
thanks
:beer:

I think I am going to go for the 717 anyway. There are 87 71'a and about 50 73's. I am assuming that there will be more bid choices. I am not sure though. That is why I started this thread.

Classically, reserve on the 737 has been shorter. Also, deliveries of 717's are over while the 737's are still showing up on the property. Go with the growing fleet. Because of the seat lock for transitions, virtually no one is bidding off the 717 for 737 FO. Ergo, movement on the 717 is only as a result of upgrades - and lots of 717 FO's are sitting tight waiting for 737 CA positions. I wasn't a big fan of long haul (I'm cracking myself up right now, since the FL 737 flying never goes beyond five hours and now I'm doing 12 hour legs), but the flying on the 737 was much less tedious.

Have fun and say hi to the guys for me.

Classically, reserve on the 737 has been shorter. Also, deliveries of 717's are over while the 737's are still showing up on the property. Go with the growing fleet. Because of the seat lock for transitions, virtually no one is bidding off the 717 for 737 FO. Ergo, movement on the 717 is only as a result of upgrades - and lots of 717 FO's are sitting tight waiting for 737 CA positions. I wasn't a big fan of long haul (I'm cracking myself up right now, since the FL 737 flying never goes beyond five hours and now I'm doing 12 hour legs), but the flying on the 737 was much less tedious.

Have fun and say hi to the guys for me.
I have heard that many 71 fo's are bidding Capt on 73 because it is becoming available. If that is the case I would be moving backwards in seniorty in a sense if given the 73. I guess there is no crystal ball. I was just hoping to get the straight dope from insiders at Airtran. Nothing like current info.

I have heard that many 71 fo's are bidding Capt on 73 because it is becoming available. If that is the case I would be moving backwards in seniorty in a sense if given the 73. I guess there is no crystal ball. I was just hoping to get the straight dope from insiders at Airtran. Nothing like current info.

Right now the only people getting 737 captain are senior 717 captains bidding over to the 737. So right now the movement is on the 717 fo side.

Latest resources

Back