Airnow "$41,000" for EMB-110 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get over yourself buddy.
Someday you will relize that dumpy podunk town in Northern Maine was the best place you've ever visited, that is of course if you have ever been there.

Second That!!
15 days skiing already, 200+/- miles on my Ski-doo, got first tracks on my first 3 runs this AM at Sugarloaf...
Gotta go back to work so I can get some rest!

Werent ASA Capts making that kinda coin back in the late 80's on the bandit?

I flew almost 1000 hrs in 89 and again in 90 and didn't break 40k untill I got on the 120. But I still had fun on the old Bandit.

Get over yourself buddy.
Someday you will relize that dumpy podunk town in Northern Maine was the best place you've ever visited, that is of course if you have ever been there.

Get over what, those towns are so small you probably know my family that is still there. I do still get up there now and then, I'll give you a haircut when I land my float bird on moosehead.

Did you work for airnow up there or for one of the guys in the southern part of the state?

Last edited:
Oh WOW! $41K! Let me get right in line for that.:rolleyes: Last year I made about one and a half times that flying Bandits. And our still have A/C, and a co-pilot to help push the freight and act as an auto pilot in cruise.:p I also wouldn't want to be trying to fly around thunderstorms in their birds come summer time since all you get is a strike finder from what I've heard. No thanks.

Oh WOW! $41K! Let me get right in line for that.:rolleyes: Last year I made about one and a half times that flying Bandits. And our still have A/C, and a co-pilot to help push the freight and act as an auto pilot in cruise.:p I also wouldn't want to be trying to fly around thunderstorms in their birds come summer time since all you get is a strike finder from what I've heard. No thanks.

90% E110's have radar, they may be archaic, but they work! Approach/Center also can be very helpful, if they don't have the greatest equip. along your route, and if your weather forecasting skills tell you it's no good, then we wait. I have delayed T/O for 3 flights in 2 yrs for TS's flying the NE. Sounds like your confidence might be a little lacking in your skills to navigate safely without your bells and whistles and partner in the RS. You remind me of the GV Cpt. that asked if I thought it was OK to T/O through a 2000' layer of light rime without getting deiced:smash: By the way, AirNow has 2 E110's equipped with the GNS 430W. The whole fleet will slowly take this route. If you peeps who keep knocking AN have never worked for them, then you should really keep your traps shut. If you have worked for them and you still are sour, then most likely you were a weak, whinney, lazy pilot. Congrats on your 60k/yr pay for an E110, please do tell which co. is paying that kind of $$.
Thanks

Congrats on your 60k/yr pay for an E110, please do tell which co. is paying that kind of $$.
Thanks

The dirty-dirt on the northeast side of ptk, I don't work there but theyre the only company I know of operating bandits that pay that high. Maybe the only other bandit operator in the country but I may be wrong.

90% E110's have radar, they may be archaic, but they work! Approach/Center also can be very helpful, if they don't have the greatest equip. along your route, and if your weather forecasting skills tell you it's no good, then we wait. I have delayed T/O for 3 flights in 2 yrs for TS's flying the NE. Sounds like your confidence might be a little lacking in your skills to navigate safely without your bells and whistles and partner in the RS. You remind me of the GV Cpt. that asked if I thought it was OK to T/O through a 2000' layer of light rime without getting deiced:smash: By the way, AirNow has 2 E110's equipped with the GNS 430W. The whole fleet will slowly take this route. If you peeps who keep knocking AN have never worked for them, then you should really keep your traps shut. If you have worked for them and you still are sour, then most likely you were a weak, whinney, lazy pilot. Congrats on your 60k/yr pay for an E110, please do tell which co. is paying that kind of $$.
Thanks

:laugh: Yeah. all my bells and wistles!:laugh: Trust me my confidence has nothing to do with it, strike finders SUCK! I know I occationally fly a 310 with a strike finder and it's basically completely useless for picking your way through thunderstorms. As for the guy in the right seat, they can make life easier, but you have to keep a close eye one them, they're all pretty green when they start out. I fly single pilot just about as much as I fly with a co-pilot, trust me it's alot nicer just to have someone to talk to while your out on a trip, plus it just reduces your work load overall. I don't know where you came up with such an opinon of me in the 3 or 4 sentences I wrote about how your pay and equipment are lacking. BTW there are 2 ondemand Bandit operators and they both pay about the same, AirNow's pay is low, that's why they have to hire fairly low time pilots and have high attrition. The info I got about AirNow was from one of your former pilots that came to work for us, he didn't work out though, wasn't ondemand material.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back