• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet Upgrade Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See, the difference with OU folks is that we freely admit and often even brag about the crap-tasticness of the football team.

Actually, the only reason we ever go to the games is to see the band, then after halftime the stadium flushes.

ready-

I echo the others. Airnet doesn'y MAKE anyone do anything. That's the most important thing I've learned here. The PIC is the boss. End of F***in' story. Dispatch has no authority or responsibility over the flight. You have your mission and it's up to you to make it work. Weather? Go through, go around, go under or over- get on the radio and work with other dogs out there to find the way. It's your show. It's a matter of opportunity. By flying frieght, single pilot and then in a jet with full authority over the flight, you are empowered and encouraged to be a pilot. That means making the decisions and not necessarily having an sop to make it for you. I'm grateful for my time here. And when the weather hits the weeds or an engine gets sick, I'd rather be fliying with a freight dog. I figure if it was good enough for Lindbergh (who flew checks before that whole Atlantic thing) it's probably good enough for the rest of us.

airnet is the the best spot for most people to learn to fly in a single pilot environment. you'll fly the best maintained aircraft our there (espically for piston frieght). if all you care about is glass and fms, don't go there, they don't want that. they will give you more flight time than you could imagine and the resume that could help you go where ever you want.

Yeah, and the majority of the checkairmen at Airnet know exactly what airplanes they are qualified to give checkrides in.

C-141/C-5 said:
PS I live near columbus, Oh, so if your strapped for cash I can always use a lawn boy once a week.

I bet you could. You sound like the type that would like to watch him mow and bring him lemonade.

mnixon said:
Second, don't come one here spouting your mouth about how much crap you've flown through and how cool you are. It's not appreciated, and it makes you look like a tool. Peace out.

I think he was simply responding to the crap that's coming out of some you guys.

Airnet...the best pilots in the world... SIKE!

Single pilot IFR is hard. So, I would imagine, is military flying. I guess the only way to settle who is #1MaverickTopGun is purses at two paces. Let the slapping begin.

I will have to agree that Airnet is one of the best. Im only a lowly 250 hour commercial pilot so take it as you will but I found myself quite impressed. I listened to SDF Approach last night right as a ugly squall line was about to blow through. ACC made it in about 10 minutes before it hit the airport but the UPS birds and all the commercials were going around and holding way south. When the stuff was starting to come across the river USC 351 comes blazing in right in front of the squall ( watched the track on flightaware) and lands on 29 calm as can be just right after a bunch of the rj's and freight jets went around and were then holding. I found that impressive (and no I didn't think it was reckless or stupid). Personally I think I shows that Airnet pilots seem to know there equipment well and shows they are comfortable with whatever weather is around...just my 2 cents

jdlilfan said:
I will have to agree that Airnet is one of the best. Im only a lowly 250 hour commercial pilot so take it as you will but I found myself quite impressed. I listened to SDF Approach last night right as a ugly squall line was about to blow through. ACC made it in about 10 minutes before it hit the airport but the UPS birds and all the commercials were going around and holding way south. When the stuff was starting to come across the river USC 351 comes blazing in right in front of the squall ( watched the track on flightaware) and lands on 29 calm as can be just right after a bunch of the rj's and freight jets went around and were then holding. I found that impressive (and no I didn't think it was reckless or stupid). Personally I think I shows that Airnet pilots seem to know there equipment well and shows they are comfortable with whatever weather is around...just my 2 cents

You should get your money back from whichever flight school you got your commercial from.

Don't you find it odd that all the airliners were avoiding the weather, and here comes the odd ball and land. I'm pretty sure you would have been even more impressed if the guy crashed...but wait its only him and some checks. It's quite different when you have 50-200 people in the back.

nevermind ...I just realized how stupid my post was. Hence why im a rookie. My meaning of it was that it impressed me. Prolly because at my flight school whenever they see a cloud in the sky, they shut down operations. For example, my lesson today was canceled because of an overcast layer of 2700ft and winds gusting to 16 knots right down the runway! Pattern Altitude is 1500msl and I could have really used the time to brush up on my 180 accuracy landings with a nice headwind. Green radar returns are considered dangerous! Im glad I have an instrument rating to avoid clouds (as in a rainy overcast day or even a sunny, calm, puffy, cumulous cloud day and no I didn't mean that as recklessly flying into clouds in a single or twin).

as for getting my money back? Well im trying to...I have been charged twice for rental flights I never took.

Anyway the thread was about airnet upgrade time and I think the question was answered. I probably should have stayed out of this argument over whatever and from now on I will.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back