Airnet Upgrade Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TigerDriver said:
give a freight dog two vor's, an adf, a bag full of charts, and a couple of maxim's and the job will get done...
Dude, you forgot lunch... gotta have a sammich stuffed in a greasy brown bag. Mmm, good...

Why are people on this thread talking about flying at night like it's some challenge??? If they really believe what they're saying I don't want them in the sky with me because they are obviously lacking in simple flying basics.

FMS is a Flight Management System
GPS is a Global Positioning System
HOW CAN YOU SAY IT"S LIKE A FANCY GPS??? The FMS does multiple things(TOLD,Flight plans, Progress, Drift,ETC) and might use the GPS as a component(your so called form of navigation), but in no way is the GPS a FMS

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST

ONE MORE THING! MACHOISM GETS PEOPLE KILLED! I've flown all over the world: night, day, sand storms, T-storms, snow storms, missle storms, ETC. I think you get my point. Why not have the gadgets to make you more situational aware?, why not use the autopilot when your flying at the 23rd hour of your 24 hour day? USE ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT TO THE FULLEST! But stay proficient with your hands

no one said it was better to not have that equipment. all that was said was a pilot who doesn't need those things to survive is better that the one who is always falling back on them (and hence they whould be the one who is lacking basic PILOTING skills). also, it would probably be best not to brag about where and when you've flown and then talk about machismo.

I think what this boils down to is you don't need an FMS or EFIS to fly an airplane. And it doesn't take long to learn an FMS (especially for the younger generation).

At Airnet (and similar operators) you'll learn stuff you can't learn on a CBT.

Last edited:
C-141/C-5 said:
Why are people on this thread talking about flying at night like it's some challenge??? If they really believe what they're saying I don't want them in the sky with me because they are obviously lacking in simple flying basics.

FMS is a Flight Management System
GPS is a Global Positioning System
HOW CAN YOU SAY IT"S LIKE A FANCY GPS??? The FMS does multiple things(TOLD,Flight plans, Progress, Drift,ETC) and might use the GPS as a component(your so called form of navigation), but in no way is the GPS a FMS

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST

ONE MORE THING! MACHOISM GETS PEOPLE KILLED! I've flown all over the world: night, day, sand storms, T-storms, snow storms, missle storms, ETC. I think you get my point. Why not have the gadgets to make you more situational aware?, why not use the autopilot when your flying at the 23rd hour of your 24 hour day? USE ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT TO THE FULLEST! But stay proficient with your hands

First off, thank you for your service to our country. I speak on behalf of all of us when I say that.

Second, don't come one here spouting your mouth about how much crap you've flown through and how cool you are. It's not appreciated, and it makes you look like a tool. Peace out.

I didn't intend to brag. I was just trying to validate my credentials, so no one thinks i'm some 1000 CFI with 15 hours of actual IFR trying to talk about something that they have no clue on. Hopefully, you can learn from this

Last edited:
Learn what, exactly?

I was lucky enough to get a tour of the Chicago TRACON about 6 months ago. Very impressive. I asked the controller who was showing us around, "who do you think the best pilots are from your experience?" Without hesitating his response was, "those Starcheck (Airnet) guys." The controller that we were observing turned around and and agreed, "yeah, i wish everyone made my life as easy as those guys do..." So you tell me, who is a better judge of piloting skills than the controllers whom deal with all of us? And keep in mind, Airnet pilots are able to impress those controllers without all those fancy gadgets which you love so much.

SWEET let me quit my job and go to Airnet to learn how to fly!
LOL
You are a joke to even make a comment like Airnet are the best pilots leads me to believe your on drugs or drinking the bullsh*t airnet is feeding you.

They tried to give me a job out of college (OU)which I rejected immediatley.

I forgot the world dosen't reconize military aviators as the best. They reconize Airnet LOL LOL LOL

Have fun with it and fly safe!
PS I live near columbus, Oh, so if your strapped for cash I can always use a lawn boy once a week.

Latest resources

Back