• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is what I'm reading

Arinet.com said:
Prop SICs receive a Duty Rig Rate of $7.69 per hour with no guaranteed minimums
airlinepilotcentral.com said:
Per Diem : $36/day (on overnights only)

I'm unsure if that Per Diem is paid every flight as all are over night, or just when the pilot has to rest away from base. I haven't found it on the Airnet web site since they last changed it. That per diem could bump it near $700/2wk. I really have no idea. I'm looking in from the out side.

I may have very well drawn a poor conclusion. Airnet strikes me as a company that has stuff written down just to have it written down. When it comes to action, the company watches out for the employees and the employees reciprocate.

Guillotine007 said:
150 is not right, and it is better to get on as an sic compared to instructing because:

1. you don't have students trying to kill you
2 baron vs trainer
3. more fun flying
4. lower seniority number

Not to sound antiquated, but I love instructing. The only thing pulling me a way is the pay ceiling. You've got a valid point, but I'm not going to drop this gig just to get as far as a I can from instructing as fast as I can.

Yea, I really hope I get a call...infact I think I'll call them now. Im flying skydivers in Hawaii right now so I think I'll hang onto that for the mean time. Is a lack of significant twin time an issue with the SIC program? After quite a but of research it seems pretty clear to me Airnet is a company worth working for.

I just got done with the SIC and my average paycheck was around 800 dollars. I was flying around 7 hours a night though with a 13.5 hour duty day, so that might have something to do with it.

Sic

Hey Flysher,
How many hours did you have when you went to training? How long were you on the SIC??

I had 1038 when i went to training. They brought me in before 1050 because i wouldnt stop bothering them lol. I got about 5 hours training, so thats 1043. I started SIC on May 8th, 4 days a week, around 7 hours a night, and finished on June 15th with one holiday during that period and several bumped flights with 1202 hours.

Im going to Columbus this week to do my upgrade training and then ill bid a spot.

Have you heard of anyone doing sic with under 1000? I'm going to be at about 800 at the interview, will they put me in the hiring pool? where did you do your sic from? columbus? or do they put you where ever you have room?

Latest resources

Back