• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet SIC Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What they have been doing is interviewing guys at around 800 TT, and then if they like you they send you home till you get about 1050. One buddy of mine didnt get a class date till he had 1150 for some reason. My personal view on this is that they want to find the guys that reeeaaaalllly want to work here. Heck for me it meant building another 200+ hours when i was only flying 50 hours per month instructing. I could have easily said screw it this isnt worth 4 more months instructing, but i wanted to work at airnet. A few guys i interviewed with said forget it im going somewhere else. Another reason too is that there losin money on SICs since the baron doesnt need one to fly, so i think they wanna keep the time to a minimum.

I was also recently told by one of the airnet instructors that they are bringing in majority SICs now so that guys ( and gals) can get exposure to the whole system instead of being thrown to the wolves as a PIC.

Oh and as far as location for SIC, its sort of up in the air. They want you on a high time baron only run though to get you done quick. I got lucky and got onto a run out of PHL that flew alot and was close to home for me so i stayed with the PIC during the week and drove home for weekends. The CP will basically sit you down and ask where you have family, and try his best to line something up for you that works the best for everyone.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

Last edited:
Please come SIC in MEM .. I work too hard (hahaha).. Seriously though MEM is not too hard get. BTW- You're not from Little Rock by chance, are you?

If/When I get an interview, will airnet set the date, or are they flexible? Tuesdays are just such great days for me. And will I have a few - several days to get psyched for it? Teaching takes so much out of me I'm going to need a little psych time.

If you truly want the job, you can easily arrange your schedule to make an interview. Don't start an interview by saying what days are good for you. First impressions count.

Almerick-

Twin time is much less important than instrument currency- more importnat proficiency. I knew guys get on with 25 hours multi, but if your scan is bad training will be tough. Get some instrument practice, as much as you can... Good Luck

No I'm from about an hour north of MEM and was just wondering about the company equipment and if i could keep MEM if I got a job. My time is 400/100

No I'm from about an hour north of MEM and was just wondering about the company equipment and if i could keep MEM if I got a job. My time is 400/100 so I would be SIC for a while

Open bases are bid based on senority. And once you get them it's your's until you want to leave. As far as SICing goes you actually get more choices and there is no real senority that goes into it. It's all luck of the draw for the first few months.

Latest resources

Back