Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
I just applied for the AirNet SIC program, anyone have any more details on the program than their website does? Also anyone know the chances of being picked up by them to ride shotgun until I hit 135 mins? Seems like an awesome company to fly for...comments anyone?

Almerick07 said:
I just applied for the AirNet SIC program, anyone have any more details on the program than their website does? Also anyone know the chances of being picked up by them to ride shotgun until I hit 135 mins? Seems like an awesome company to fly for...comments anyone?
I think that they want about 1000hrs before you go to class. Then fly as a prop SIC. Used to be they would hire with 750 (in my case) and in some cases even less. Keep your app current every month or so and follow it up with a phone call to Craig.
Good Luck,
WDR11

Goin through that program right now. They are bringing people in at 850 for interviews and 1050 for class. You wanna come at 1050 or later as I'm told if you don't you have to take two checkrides.
As far as once you pass training. They give you a choice of several bases. I chose one close to home as they do not pay any relocate costs or living expenses.
Keep your online app. current and correct.
So far having a blast. Got to see a little/alot of alberto tonight.

Actually, they do pay moving expenses.

You get one paid move per seat position (prop PIC, Jet SIC, Jet PIC), but anything beyond that is on your dime. The amount of time and cash given out for the move is also dependant on how far you're going. Moving from Cleveland to Columbus isn't going to net much, but moving from Seattle to Boston would.

Well im sitting near 600 hours now and after summer ill probably be near the 800-850 mark. Where are the bases for the SIC program and what is the pay like? I've pretty much decided this is what I want for my next step...would having a current employee maybe ask around or talk to "someone special" help my chances at all?

Interviewing with Airnet

I passed the Telephone Interview a couple of days ago. They are coming to pick me up from ORL for the face to face in a week. I'm sitting at about 770TT right now. Didnt mention anything about having to wait till 1000tt to go to training over the phone, but I guess I'll find out at the Interview. I guess it would make sense to keep the right seat time to a min. Weight in the right seat costs$$$$

Right seat costs

If you look at the pay, it's maybe $150 per week. It's really just a continuance of the 6 week training course. In an industry where companies can get away with charging pilots to fill required crew positions it's nice to see a company paying their employees to do it when it's not required.

Airnet pilots average, I believe, 100/mo. so the SIC time flies by quick. But remember, the lower your hours, the more time spent in "training" (I hope that doesn't sound derogatory toward the company. I mean the opposite if it does).

From my stand point, I fly 100/mo anyway instructing. As a required crew member (CFI) the pay works out much better. I think I'll hang around a couple more months to get my time up. As such I can quickly move to a PIC position.

a bit more than that...

if i remember correctly i was paid 27ish dollars a day (7 days a week, tax free cause its per diem) during training until i took my check ride. at that point i was guaranteed $300+ a week as an SIC. since we put SIC's on the higher time runs, and more times than not a 5 day run, you make somewhat more than that. I think i was making $900+ a paycheck (bi-weekly) when i was SIC. i dont know where the $150 a week came from, if its on the website, its wrong. and i dont have the motivation to look it up.

150 is not right, and it is better to get on as an sic compared to instructing because:

1. you don't have students trying to kill you
2 baron vs trainer
3. more fun flying
4. lower seniority number

Latest resources

Back