Airman Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C601 said:
So whats the real scoop.... Can't pay rent or is it another matter ?

I don't think the fat lady has started to sing just yet, the documents do not go into great detail and leaves for a lot of speculation. . For the sake of current students with a lot of money tied up in loans I surely hope Airman can survive this latest setback.

350DRIVER said:
I don't think the fat lady has started to sing just yet, the documents do not go into great detail and leaves for a lot of speculation. . For the sake of current students with a lot of money tied up in loans I surely hope Airman can survive this latest setback.

The owner of their hanger is Baker Hughes, They are suing Airman for tens of thousands of dollars in back rent and to get them evicted. In October the airport takes control of the building from Baker Hughes, The airport has already said they will not rent to Airman.

What exactly happened to Airman's last owner? I heard from some people that he went to jail, from others that he got terminally ill, etc. Obviously if you've got top management driving around in Porsches while the school limps along with battered C152's and $800/month CFIs, something pretty dishonest is going on.

MFR

Current Students

Are there any current students or instructors that are at Airman that can give us an update. There are several good instructors there that have the students interest at heart. I wouldn't call it a rating factory because there were a number of people "living" at the Day's Inn that failed numerous checkrides due to poor performance. I guess it is all in how you perceive your experience. I hope they get it together out there. The school supported at least one hotel and several fast food restaruants in Norman! Heck, being able to eat at Ozzie's has to make up for some things that might have been subpar with the school!

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it a rating factory because there were a number of people "living" at the Day's Inn that failed numerous checkrides due to poor performance.

It is far from being a "ratings factory", I agree with your comments completely and saw this first hand when I attended the school quite a few years ago and still keep in contact with more recent students who have pretty much shared these same thoughts.

The owner of their hanger is Baker Hughes, They are suing Airman for tens of thousands of dollars in back rent and to get them evicted. In October the airport takes control of the building from Baker Hughes, The airport has already said they will not rent to Airman.

I do not disagree with what you have said nor am I trying to question this, I just wouldn't rush to conclusions if I were you. Again, I don't think anyone truly knows what is going to happen out there other than those in the inner circle calling the day to day shots and overseeing the operations and finances. I seem to remeber Wiley Post (sp?), and many other smaller airports in that area that may or may not be a possibility if Norman refuses to rent space to Airman.

I truly hope some sort of "good" can come about from this, many good people are involved in this business.

As a side note, I believe the previous owner is terminally ill from what I have heard and he is no longer involved in any way or form.

Name rings a bell, but that's it.

Gage and a friend of mine were the ones that had the hydraulics fail on them in a Cutlass which resulted in a cockpit full of smoke and an off airport landing. Pilots did fine, just crappy maintenance.

The previous owner was never around anyway. In 9 months there, I think I saw the guy 5 times.

Update

I have heard a date of September 15th as being their last day in the building

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back