Airman Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C601 said:
So whats the real scoop.... Can't pay rent or is it another matter ?

I would bet they can't make their payments. They've been in a tough situation financially for a few months now...

I hope that isn't the case.

-mini

minitour said:
I would bet they can't make their payments. They've been in a tough situation financially for a few months now...

I hope that isn't the case.

-mini

Holy crap!!! I'll third mini's reaction -- I'm halfway through my Instrument there and they've got the better part of my money still. I really don't have that great a handle on what that document means in practical terms of what's likely to happen, but I guess I better not wait too long to find out. This really sucks.

MFR

Can't say I didn't see that one coming. Got my ratings there in 2001 and they were hurting then. I suppose having 4 of the hijackers go there didn't help buisness much. Neither does the owner driving a 911 while the instructors toil away in a 60 year old building and crappy planes.
Before the flaming starts, I was there for 9 months in those planes and that building!

It was a rating factory. You paid a flat rate and got your ticket. There's something to be said for that alone. Obviously for a flat rate, the planes and budget aren't the best / highest. I thought the planes were tired but were maintained well for the age and use they got. The price/performance ratio was good I. I finished before 9/11 though, went there from 99 to about Aug 28 or so 2001. Yup, 2 weeks before 9/11.

There were and are some really good, nice people there.

Thats about when I finished up.
The place was a factory. They had some good instructors though. A couple of bad ones, but I did learn alot from some of them.
Do you remember Gage Norman?

Latest resources

Back