Airman Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
phantomdriver said:
Airman really sucks because how they screwed the students. They need to be sued for every last red cent.

For the students that were unfortunately "screwed", hundreds successfully went through and attended the school over the years and got everything that was promised and were quite pleased, myself included and I can't say one bad thing about the school. If I had to do it all over again, I would have went the same route I did the first time around and went to Airman again to get the I/II.

3 5 0

ps> if ya ain't got any money then you can sue until you get blue in the face and it isn't likely going to accomplish much at all. The best case scenario(s) would be the banks can forgive some of these loans, don't expect Airman to refund cash they don't have, this is reality we are living in and not a fantasy world.

350 Airman needs to be sued so other flights schools can learn from airman's mistake. I did go to airman and they tried to screw me. I am a little happy that they are closed now but now there are a lot quieter around norman.

phantomdriver said:
350 Airman needs to be sued so other flights schools can learn from airman's mistake. I did go to airman and they tried to screw me. I am a little happy that they are closed now but now there are a lot quieter around norman.

Okay, even though I am one of those worst affected by Airman's flop, this sounds a little uneven to me. I doubt Airman tried to screw you. What has happened, unfortunately, is a direct product of extremely negligent management, possible fraud, and ultimately inevitable circumstances (rising fuel, etc.). Less than a handful of people are responsible for the bulk of Airman's woes, and Airman needs to be sued so these people are punished.

It's not very likely any other flight schools will learn from Airman's mistake(s). Bad business has always been around and isn't going anywhere soon. The real challenge will be how to educate students about how to avoid places like these and make wise investments of their training funds.

In Norman,

MFR

phantomdriver said:

Phantomdriver, MFR, and all others effected by this closure, it does truly bother me and I feel for all who have lost money, training promised, etc, by the closure of this school but I don't really think Brenda and others at Airman intentionally did this, ran away with the money, etc, and I truly believe that they thought they could come up with some sort of a resolution to keep the place open and going. I may be mistaken and have many times in the past but this isn't something that I saw coming, if so I wouldn't have recommended the place to so many people. I don't think a lesson will be taught to other schools here, the same thing has happened to many other flight schools including Tab, ATA, and others, sad yes and it is unfortunate but that is just the nature of the business. I would hope that if one lesson is learned that when a large loan amount is being dispersed that future students will only disperse limited amounts of money at a time to the flight school versus turning over the full amount this way if this ever happens again the student won't lose all money that was requested in loans.

I can only wish those effected the most by this closure the best, if it does turn out to be that they took the money and ran, fraud was committed, etc, then a law suit and jail time would be in order and this is pursued to the fullest extent, either way I think ya'll are going to have an uphill battle. I do hope somehow and some way that you are able to finish your training and put this behind you so you are able to pursue that "dream" of becoming a professional pilot.

best of luck

flyinlow67 said:
I don't think Airman owned any planes to put a lein on. Most, if not all thier planes were leased from Christiansen in Tulsa. It is a wild guess, but I don't think Airman had any tangible assets to put a lein on. Mostly hot air and empty promises.

They do own a couple of them (N76067 etc.) But those are probably only good for paper weights...

Youens said:
They do own a couple of them (N76067 etc.) But those are probably only good for paper weights...

Then what am I doing here trying to sue them? I should be halfway to the West Coast in N76067 right now!!!

Seriously, I was told by someone who has seen their accounts that they own none of them outright.

Indeed, they are a hot air and empty promises kind of place.

MFR

Latest resources

Back