Airman Flight School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm...Norman

It seems a lifetime ago...hangin at henry's and watchin the OU skirts, watching the storm clouds sink down from OK city and the light shows all night long.....tho 2002 was the lowest tornado season, got to see a couple. Airman is and was NOT a rating factory....lots of the students got pink slipped and Brenda went out of her way to provide all the info about the school...YES it was cheap......way cheaper and more flying then the school over in tulsa...

Jerry sold the school??? Hmm is will and dale still there????

If we lose that school, you future pilots will have to pay thru the nose and fly less often and not get to see real weather flying in florida....POOR BASTARDS

I am a proud and well trained alumnus of AIRman ...and Henry Hudson's

Mini and 350 raise your 3.2 beer glasses and lets hope for the best

Kevin

My thoughts and prayers are with those current, former, and future Airman pilots. Some memorable times had occured out in OUN that will never be forgotten. Had flown a II ride with Earl Nash right before his fatal crash in the C421 while attempting to get back into OUN which is somewhat ironic cause that was the first plane I got captain qualified on flying 135 at the time. Just remember, no matter what the school, airline, program, etc, you will always have those select few who will "attempt" to allow the negativity to overshadow the "good" and "positives". To my knowledge Wil and Dale are still among the Airman ranks and will probably continue to be there unless the school is no longer which hopefully will not be the case. Jerry is terminally ill from what I have been able to gather, sold the business as well as that twin commander that he once personally flew.

PC, after last night not sure if I can raise another glass for another few days!.

350DRIVER said:
My thoughts and prayers are with those current, former, and future Airman pilots. Some memorable times had occured out in OUN that will never be forgotten. Had flown a II ride with Earl Nash right before his fatal crash in the C421 while attempting to get back into OUN which is somewhat ironic cause that was the first plane I got captain qualified on flying 135 at the time. Just remember, no matter what the school, airline, program, etc, you will always have those select few who will "attempt" to allow the negativity to overshadow the "good" and "positives". To my knowledge Wil and Dale are still among the Airman ranks and will probably continue to be there unless the school is no longer which hopefully will not be the case. Jerry is terminally ill from what I have been able to gather, sold the business as well as that twin commander that he once personally flew.
I've previously read the accident report to this particular one you speak of, and I'm curious what the story was behind all this. The report seemed to leave a lot of room for speculation on various things (such as did he have permission to fly this airplane, did the white substance they find in baggies turn out to be illegal drugs, etc.) It sounds pretty clear that he purposely descended below the MDA trying to find the runway, but I'm curious to hear the other side of this story, from someone that was there and knew this guy.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001218X45437&ntsbno=FTW01FA033&akey=1

PC12Cowboy said:
Hmm is will and dale still there????
Yep...Nothing like Ground School er...."Dale's Tales" hahaha

All of Dale's stories get better all the time... "one...two...*slap slap*"

I am a proud and well trained alumnus of AIRman ...and Henry Hudson's

Mini and 350 raise your 3.2 beer glasses and lets hope for the best

Kevin

LMAO
3.2 Beer...sheesh...just go get some PitBull on Crack...great shots! Kinda make ya wanna go home with one of the asian chicks in your CFI ground school....yum.

-mini

PC12Cowboy said:
Airman is and was NOT a rating factory....lots of the students got pink slipped

When I say 'ratings factory' I mean and meant:

No extras or fancy stuff. Good price, Good product, not much handholding, etc. No filler, enrichment, etc. Pay your price, do the work, go home with the licenses. Get through as best you can and as best they can. Fly as much as you can, get through quickly. Take the ride when they feel you are ready (IMHO) even though you may feel a little extra polish would be nice.

I did not mean anything derogatory. The above is a limited kind of statement but hopefully you get the gist.

PC12Cowboy said:
Mini..hmm what are you saying?? you did ine of your fellow students??....................................SWEET

no no...I was a good boy..

I said it "kinda" makes you "wanna" go home with them...

-mini

User997 said:
I've previously read the accident report to this particular one you speak of, and I'm curious what the story was behind all this. The report seemed to leave a lot of room for speculation on various things (such as did he have permission to fly this airplane, did the white substance they find in baggies turn out to be illegal drugs, etc.) It sounds pretty clear that he purposely descended below the MDA trying to find the runway, but I'm curious to hear the other side of this story, from someone that was there and knew this guy.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001218X45437&ntsbno=FTW01FA033&akey=1

This particular fatal flight may or may not have been authorized by the company that owned this 421 according to what I found out and from those who were close to him. Some claim that he could fly the plane when he wanted to and that this flight was no different than any other flight minus the obvious outcome. Speak to different people and you will get conflicting information so "who" really knows is seven feet deep in the ground. I was asked if I wanted to ride a long on a flight into Texas with him which I had to decline due to a tight schedule of getting done asap in the promised time frame (which actually did take place). Earl Nash was a good guy, a sharp stick with many hours and years of experience, unfortunately he made a very bad decision and choice to launch with what was in his system and he paid the ultimate price. I feel more sorry for the family of the young girl who was in that right seat just a long for the ride. If you play then at some point you are going to pay, hard to cheat death especially when you are under the influence of numerous substances that alter the brain. The white substance was indeed what you are thinking.

It was the impact that caused the death(s) due to the blunt force and trauma that resulted.

Sad?. Absolutely but this should never have happened.

the white substance was a huge factor....unfortunately they did not mention any thing of the right seater...was she a student or just a seat warmer?

Latest resources

Back