Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PC12Cowboy said:
Mini...hmmm...you a good boy????? DOUBTFUL...LOL

I'm alllllllllways a good boy....unless I get some Pitbull's On Crack....dang those things are powerful....when I get those I'm only "sometimes" a good boy...

-mini

It's sad to read this news! I just finished my CFI and II at Airman in June of this year and yeah Will and Dale, Brenda, Shirley are still there. From what I hear Brenda and Dale are trying to buy Airman from Jerry who ran it into the ground financially. Back rent is up to $60,000 (from what I hear). The planes sucked but did there job! The people I met and still know made the experience of going to Norman worth every penny! I had a lot of fun in the six weeks I was down there! Wal-Mart at 1am was part of that fun. I was there during early summer so not a whole lot of OU hotties but the ones that were there were HOT! I hope the school can survive, the business model works, so I think they'll be around the question is where? Anyway I want to say thanks to Ed! Zach! Will! Clint! and others. Good Luck and I hope to see you all again!!!!

Tom

Click on the link below for current pictures of Airman and Soonerville!

Last edited:
PC12Cowboy said:
the white substance was a huge factor....unfortunately they did not mention any thing of the right seater...was she a student or just a seat warmer?

From what I have been told was that she was just a "friend" (maybe a little more since she was supposedly carrying his child at the time of the crash). She was young, innocent, and had many years to live for and unfortunately she never got that chance. She was neither a "seat warmer" nor a "student" from the information that had been provided to me soon after this accident happened. I could only imagine the legality issues that followed once the final report was made public. Some accidents can be prevented, others cannot- this one should never have happened.

Thanks for all that detailed information 350.

It's always really sad when something like that happens, even more when it could easily have been avoided, and it involves the loss of an innocent person.

Tom,
nice to see the old stomping grounds...but whereare the instructor pics???...LOL nice pics on your page tho...think I need to take my camera with me more

User997 said:
Thanks for all that detailed information 350.

It's always really sad when something like that happens, even more when it could easily have been avoided, and it involves the loss of an innocent person.

You are more than welcome, any additional questions that I may be able to touch on then feel free to shoot em over this way. I think his last visit to the oil "wrastlin" at the Ramada was with us, those were the days!.

Airman has officially been closed down, and is being investigated for fraud since they continued to take thousands from students after they knew they were going to shut down. I heard they may have given a select few partial refunds. At some point, i understand, they were telling even instructors that nobody could fly for a few days because the fuel trucks at the FBO were broken down. They didn't even have the decency to tell their students and instructors the truth. There are leins placed on their airplanes by the FBO for nonpayment of fuel oil etc. I dare say airman is no more.....

I don't think Airman owned any planes to put a lein on. Most, if not all thier planes were leased from Christiansen in Tulsa. It is a wild guess, but I don't think Airman had any tangible assets to put a lein on. Mostly hot air and empty promises.

Latest resources

Back