Airlines where Pilots Clean the Cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oldxfr8dog said:
He doesn't work or an airline. He works for Net Jets. He hasn't worked for an airline since he was an f/o at EAL.
I think this explains why he is so bitter. He has to REALLY clean his airplane!

Now, now Dog. You are jumping to conclusions. If you had looked at more than just a couple of my prev. posts, you would see that I do not fly for NJ. I simply find their present cause a just one, and give them my unsolicited moral support. I also have quite a few friends there that deserve better of a company more than capable of giving it. It all comes back to the same thing, see. Greedy people (mgmt.) trying to exact more than their fair share at the expense of the people who are responsible for their success.

BTW, I don't have to clean the cabin. We have a very well paid F/A, who left her job at a "major" to work for us, and is glad to take care of that. If it gets particularly dirty on the road, I pay a cleaner to do it. At the owners expense. Wow, what a concept ! Paying different people to do different jobs.

You might want to start a new business. Open a chain of hotels offering cheaper rates..... but no housekeeping. You clean your room when you leave for the next occupant. Works for JB...... :)

Air Biscuit said:
Good one Nigel. You got me there. You are comparing apples and oranges also by the way. I fought the notion of paying for 3 years before I decided to do it. Big mistake on my part for waiting. Even though I eventually broke down, at the time things were much different then they are today and it wasn't a min wage job, since I was in the left seat of a 120 after 4 1/2 months on the line. So add it up and tell me what the cost difference for me would have been vs. someone who didn't pay for training, decided to make poverty level wages longer and now has to sit in the right seat of an rj. for the next 5 years to forever and doesn't get a job at a major airline. It was purely a business decision, just like going to college is. Last time I checked that was still PFT also. It sucked having to pay but I don't regret it. It's just the way it was everywhere. Cleaning an airplane is not, so go blow it out your @ss!
It's this sort of variable moral fortitude that's what is wrong with the personnel in this industry. Wow you fought the notion of paying for training for 3 whole years? Then what your moral sense of right and wrong collapsed? So what you got the left seat of a 120 after 4.5 months, you still sold your soul. You should go the nearest bridge and jump, how can you look at yourself in the mirror. PFT Pu$$ie
PBR

I've been reading this crap for 11 pages... tit tat tit tat..... The utter stupidity of spending time reading everyone's garbage is mind boggling.
Well, here I am anyway.... Too many days off I guess.

Anywhooo here I go.... Heck, I dont like cleaning up after Fletch. He spilled his darn coffee all over my audio panel. We need to get some of them blue gloves to clean the grub off of the pedestal.

I agree with all the leadership style posts.... Plus ... its a little easier to tidy up a bus or 9 vs an international bound 767.... So all you lofty pilot wannabees give it up....

mnboyev said:
I've been reading this crap for 11 pages... tit tat tit tat..... The utter stupidity of spending time reading everyone's garbage is mind boggling.
Well, here I am anyway.... Too many days off I guess.

Anywhooo here I go.... Heck, I dont like cleaning up after Fletch. He spilled his darn coffee all over my audio panel. We need to get some of them blue gloves to clean the grub off of the pedestal.

I agree with all the leadership style posts.... Plus ... its a little easier to tidy up a bus or 9 vs an international bound 767.... So all you lofty pilot wannabees give it up....

Hehehe....guilty as charged I suppose. Guess I'm gettin a little cranky in my old age (almost 50 !). LOL

slowto250 said:
Hehehe....guilty as charged I suppose. Guess I'm gettin a little cranky in my old age (almost 50 !). LOL

Just think, 10 more years until you get that job bagging groceries. What a tool.

slowto250 said:
UBstupid,
Just read the thread tonight for the first time. Got a problem with the content of my post ? If not, STFU.

Or could it be it took you that long to read it.

IB6 UB9 said:
Or could it be it took you that long to read it.

Hey a$$hole, pay attention here. I don't have to retire when 60 rolls around. Maybe you do. I'll quit when I'm ready, as my current position gives me that lattitude. You better hope that I don't retire early, as I will devote more time to knockin you around the boards.

Kool-aid drinking creep. We had a term for your types at the original Big Blue....Quislings. Now go look it up, Gomer.

When our a/c were brought in for overnight mx we would help out the cleaners time permitting. and likewise if I was doing something where I needed an extra hand, they would help us.

ALPA can kiss my butt.

If you have ever been a corporate pilot you have done more than just the occasional cabin cleaning. The days of airline pilots with the status of a rock star are over. If you want the cash and the status you are better off at Home Depot.

slowto250 said:
Hey a$$hole, pay attention here. I don't have to retire when 60 rolls around. Maybe you do. I'll quit when I'm ready, as my current position gives me that lattitude. You better hope that I don't retire early, as I will devote more time to knockin you around the boards.

Kool-aid drinking creep. We had a term for your types at the original Big Blue....Quislings. Now go look it up, Gomer.

You'll quit when you can't hold a medical anymore, which can't be too far away judging from the content of your posts. Had your blood pressure checked lately? Hiding behind the anonomity of the internet won't change things for you buddy; I would bet you've been booted off a few jumpseats after the crew checked the scab list. Combine that with the amount you probably pay in alimony and I can understand you directing your frustration at those of us who got the airline jobs you interviewed for but were turned down. By the way, how tall are you anyway?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back