Airlines where Pilots Clean the Cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
slowto250 said:
You wouldn't be one of those guys that crossed the line at my previous ALPA carrier would ya ?
No, I have never scabbed. Nice try at changing the subject.
People like you that must stand behind an "image" must lack some basic self-confidence.
Discussion with you is like teaching a pig to sing. It just sounds bad and annoys the pig. Nothing further from me on this subject.

Therapy Time

Hey Slow, you are late for your therapy session, now go get into your uniform, stand in front of the mirror, put your hat on at a jaunty angle, and repeat after me:

I'M A PILOT, I'M SPECIAL, I'M ABOVE HELPING LOWLY CREWMWMBERS, I'M SPECIAL, I MUST IGNORE OTHERS TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF, I'M SPECIAL, IF I ACT ALOOF OTHERS WILL THINK I'M SPECIAL.

Now beat your chest, pat yourself on the back and repeat the above process three times.

There, now don't you feel better??

Yep you're cool, aloof and special. And probably working for an airline loosing money to support your attitude and work ethic.

'you were in operations checking weather' what antiquanted airline do you work for that you can't telephone for weather? You have to walk to the operations shack and get a 'personal briefing'? Oh, if forgot, if you walk to operations, you get to parade yourself past the passengers in your uniform and act SPECIAL for a big audience. Especially if you get to carry some paperwork back to the cockpit with you. OOOOOOhhh SO SPECIAL !!

Get help, you need it.

Telephone for weather ? Telephone ? Yeah, that's how I wanna get my radar summary info. and check prog charts.

Ain't you got some vomit to clean up in 22C ?

I suppose you really have no choice now do you, without any collective bargaining or representation.

oldxfr8dog said:
No, I have never scabbed. Nice try at changing the subject.
People like you that must stand behind an "image" must lack some basic self-confidence.
Discussion with you is like teaching a pig to sing. It just sounds bad and annoys the pig. Nothing further from me on this subject.

No attempt was made to change the subject. Just can't understand how a former card carrying member like yourself thinks it OK to start packing a whisk broom and cleaning solvent in his flight bag. I'm no prima donna. In fact at my old carrier, I would have risked being reported by another worker for attempting to perform their union protected duties.

I'm also certain that many here would tell me that maybe that's why our carrier couldn't cut it, in todays environment. That perhaps we needed to adapt or die.
I would submit though, that pilot's pitching in to help in the cabin is not the real issue.
Union busting, deregulation, and bought and paid for capitol hill types, are.

Just pains me to see professionals bow to the whim of greedy management types who don't give a hoot about ours, or our children's future.

B6Guy said:
Yep you're cool, aloof and special. And probably working for an airline loosing money to support your attitude and work ethic.

He doesn't work or an airline. He works for Net Jets. He hasn't worked for an airline since he was an f/o at EAL.
I think this explains why he is so bitter. He has to REALLY clean his airplane!

slowto250 said:
Perhaps we flew together, Oldfreightdog. I was the guy in operations checking the weather for my assigned flight. I think I remember you. Weren't you the janitor, cleverly disguised as a pilot ?

Wow, NetJets is bigger than I thought. They have operations desks at all the FBOs you charter from.

Last edited:
Paging Captain Blue

Not bad OakumBoy got a laugh from me.

Just to set the record straight, we have cleaners who clean the lavs and the puke, the gum ground into the carpet, and the food fight rows.

You won't see a pilot with a bucket and scrub-brush. Once in awhile I put on gloves if I have time to really help, but usually just cross seat belts and unplug and toss out headsets. Certainly not a 'janatorial' operation.

The few times I've had connecting customers staying onboard when I had gloves on and helping with straightening up the cabin, the customers have had nothing but positive comments about 'team efforts', 'work ethic', and the quality service from the entire crew. Nobody has ever wondered why I wasn't in the cockpit 'doing my lofty job'

Take care

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back