• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines to Fractionals questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a side note, when hired at NJA, are you automatically put on reserve, or can you ask for the 7/7 right off the bat?

That really depends on a few factors, not the least of which is when during the year you get hired. We have four bids per year to change your schedule, and if you get hired at the right time you could theoretically go straight to the line on a 7/7 schedule. Otherwise you will be on reserve until you get released to IOE and can bid a 7/7 schedule. Our next schedule period starts on August 1st, so those finishing with training now are looking at being on reserve until at least then. Once you are on a 7/7 you cannot be bumped off it, and do not need to bid again unless you want to change back to reserve, or change your start day, etc. When you transition aircraft or upgrade you will be put back on reserve until you can bid 7/7 again. The nice thing about being put on reserve automatically is you make reserve pay when in training.

and the reserve is a certain number of on/off days per month? thanks. (i know, could've done a search)

Here's the entire NetJets contract, should you wish to browse the entire document:

http://www.ibt1108.org/public_new-contract.html

On reserve you work a maximum of 18 days per month, with four hard days off that you can bid for. The trip lengths on reserve vary and there are rules for how many days off you get at the end of your reserve trip, depending on how many days you were on the road.

Just to clarify, you will need the ATP, not just the written test, to get hired at NetJets. I think you may already be aware of that requirement, but I just wanted to make sure so that you can plan accordingly.

Good luck and I hope you reach your goal.
All ATPs - worth every penny.

All ATP's for the written. Jon Trask in Presque Isle, Maine for the practical... At least for former military he is definately worth every penny!

All ATP's for the written. Jon Trask in Presque Isle, Maine for the practical... At least for former military he is definately worth every penny!

He definately is money in the bank, but a couple guys from my unit went up there earlier this spring and apparently he's retiring from the checkride business this summer when the runway up there closes for repaving or something. So get up there while the getting is good. Easiest checkride you'll ever take by far!

For those that have responded thank you! All the info you've provided has been great, it's nice to post a question and get some good responses. Much different then the ones you get on the regional board.

As of today I don't meet the Min's for most of the fractionals that I would like to apply too, so I'll have to fly for probably another year or so to get my total time up. I've been at PSA for about a year and a half but I've been stuck on reserve (except for a few build up lines) and have only averaged about 40 hours a month. I busted my butt through flight school and flew my butt of flight instructing to get to a regional fast and since I've been here I've mostly been sitting around / getting abused, ha ha!
I figured it doesn't hurt to start researching and planning ahead of time though, and I'd like to thank you all for the advice you have given so far!

If anyone else has any stories please share them, thanks again!

Okay, first; Grammar. "and flew my butt of fligt instructing". I assume you meant you, "flew your butt OFF flight instructing."

That aside. You claim to have "flown your butt off" yet you only have 1,500 hours total time? I'm sorry. I just sense a bit of intitlement. Fly your regional for awhile. Get off your build up / reserve line and get some experiance. I respect the fact that you don't like it right now but hey, you're on reserve! Being junior sucks no matter where you are. Get some stick time, LEARN, and then assess where you want to go.

Flame Disclaimer: I know, I jumped right on this guy. However, with his super low time I feel there are MUCH better qualified pilots at the regionals to decide that they don't like it and decide to come on over to the fracs. Let him get some experiance at the new job he has and then decide if he likes it or not.

Okay, first; Grammar.

Grammar shouldn't be capitalized. -2 Sentence fragment. -2.

"and flew my butt of fligt instructing".

"Fligt" isn't a word, and the period goes inside the quotation marks. -4

I assume you meant you, "flew your butt OFF flight instructing."

Improper use of comma. -2

That aside.

Sentence fragment. -2

I just sense a bit of intitlement.

The word is entitlement. -2

...get some experiance.

The word is experience. -2

You get a solid "B," but you had better work on that if you're going to take the reigns as resident grammar-Nazi. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back