Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirlineReporter.com: Showing the LUV. Southwest Crew Orders Pizza for Stranded Passen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No big deal an Ex JUS pilot, now a CA at JB, did the same thing for his pax back in 2002 during a wx divert. Remembered going through this airport as a Fr8dawg anmd getting pizza's. So he called the FBO and orered 25 pizzas. Fr8dawgs rule

I once had 53 Happy Meals delivered to the plane while we were stuck off the gate in MCO with rolling ground stops to JFK. Too bad there were no reporters or bloggers onboard that day.

Still, good job, SWA.

:/ I did that for my 30 pax one day and didn't get so much as a thank you from their greasy mouths. Never ever again.

Residents of Kearney, Nebraska - you all can go to hell.

:/ I did that for my 30 pax one day and didn't get so much as a thank you from their greasy mouths. Never ever again.

Residents of Kearney, Nebraska - you all can go to hell.

Dude that is freaking hilarious! You should have taken them to Cabelas!

LOL,
Gup

Really? For a decade? Tell us all about it, Mr. ERJ Wizard...

Has happened at CAL for years and doesn't make the press. Just like all the RNP we have been doing for years at places like CAL/AA/UAL/DAL and when SWA finally starts to incorporate it in its infancy, it makes the press. Had a SWA crew ask me if we were certified yet at CAL to do RNP approaches. "What? RNP? Wow, you guys are impressive! We have only been doing that down in South America/Vail, etc. for like a decade now!"

Is there an airport in Vail? I've been to Eagle, Been to aspen,- been to the alps in France, but i've never shot a curving precision approach w/ RF legs rolling out at 300' to anywhere in Vail... *! You guys have that new Osprey Jetliner?
;-)

I only wish i had RNP when i did a lot of mountain flying. And i freely admit that i'm jealous of some of the flying you do at CAL- south america would be fantastic. And i miss ATA too- was awaiting an interview when they went into bankruptcy the last time. Great flying to be done there.
And we all do know- it's a big deal b/c we've been flying 80's style for 30 years... but it's getting there...

But i've also flown in almost all the legacies systems, either as a major or regional pilot- I think things like pizza dont get noticed b/c the negative experiences still outweigh the positive ones for most passengers. I bet your pax feel entitled to anything nice, b/c they've paid good money and been jacked around and shat on for years. Not blaming employees too much-though i have seen attitudes prevalent where they resent the customer- but they've been stretched thin and their management is a bunch of leaches. You're an idiot if you work hard for those people. Bottom line- southwest usually has happy customers and employees. And the legacies usually do not. So the good things that get done get drowned out=- which isn't very motivating to those that do it. I feel for you.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23620842/detail.html

Who cares? Fact is we're doing it now and becoming even bigger studs than we were - if that's possible.

Gup

Latest resources

Back