Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirlineReporter.com: Showing the LUV. Southwest Crew Orders Pizza for Stranded Passen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um pretty sure he was just putting a time stamp on a time he ordered pizza. The not an unusual occurance dealt with crews ordering pizza.

Humility

Who cares? Fact is we're doing it now and becoming even bigger studs than we were - if that's possible.

Gup
So that is the level of humility it takes to get hired at SWA today?

:/ I did that for my 30 pax one day and didn't get so much as a thank you from their greasy mouths. Never ever again.

Residents of Kearney, Nebraska - you all can go to hell.
perhaps you did it for the wrong reasons

While flying as United Express while I was at Chautauqua: I negotiated for the McDonalds in the terminal at MDT to provide a meal for free to every passenger on our flight including fries and drinks when we were dispatched in an airplane with no galley and incurred a 3 hour wheels up delay at the gate and then an additional 2 1/2 hours sitting out near the runway. Had to also negotiate with the head of the TSA there to let 54 meals and beverages go thru security to the boarding area. Never heard anyone mention it... Crews take it upon themselves to make their passengers comfortable and happy on a daily basis with no mention from the press. The only reason we're hearing about it was because this is a Southwest flight.

perhaps you did it for the wrong reasons

I was hungry. Figured they were too. Wasn't prepared to nail myself to the cross for these people, nor did I need to get in the papers. I did expect some basic human level of decency, the kind a mother teaches a 3 yr old. Say thank you.

Wasn't there a UAL Capt., who was recognized in a newspaper for making customer service announcements at the gates for delays, and also buying food for the entire plane when warranted?

Articles as such only seem to make many of us who provide a high level of customer service more cynical towards the human race in general... sad really.

I was hungry. Figured they were too. Wasn't prepared to nail myself to the cross for these people, nor did I need to get in the papers. I did expect some basic human level of decency, the kind a mother teaches a 3 yr old. Say thank you.

Don't worry, you'll be paid back in the after-life. I'm sure it's worth waiting for?

Such whining. Geez - get over it. Do the right thing, expect NOTHING in return. You won't be disappointed! Been there, done that. Figure I'll do it again. I've not been 'thanked' for much more experience-building moments. Can't count how many times I've gone to bed that particular (insert morning, mid-day, night, etc) thinking "Wow - that could have come out much worse...". And I thank the good Lord that all the people and things I've been entrusted with got there. Even if it was a little late...

Don't worry, you'll be paid back in the after-life. I'm sure it's worth waiting for?

Personally, over the course of my career, I will not seek and prefer not to be recognized for any good deed, cause I am gonna need all that after-life capital when I'm standing at the gates.

I bought some McFood for my pax once in PIT, no reporters but I did get several thank yous (it was pit so that is the correct spelling)

Latest resources

Back