Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots, Wht is your job worth????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dash Trash said:
When will Pilots connect the dots and see that our pay is being cut so that the cost of a ticket can be lowered?

That's a da mn shame....

Can I have your job?

-Goose

Most everything in this country is principled on the free-market-driven economy. When supply goes up, price drops. When demand exceeds supply, price goes up.

The same is true about wages.

Too many pilots (who are willing to do a job for a given price) and the price paid to those pilots drops.

Right now we have a glut of pilots. Salaries are dropping.

In most instances we love what this means to our country and our personal lives.... 14$ jeans at Walmart etc. When it comes to affecting our personal incomes, it sucks.

Maybe we should do what the doctors do... cut off the supply. Limit the number of new pilots this country puts out every year through a national pilot organization (cf American Medical Association). Make pilots 'rare' and in demand so that our 'price' will go up accordingly.

Minus $12000.

Oh sorry, I read the title too fast and thought the question was about my net worth.

I agree with most of you, however, Dash Trash does have a valid point. Stop taking paycuts unless the company presents a valid business plan that will show profitbality and mgmt takes pay cuts also.

Last edited:
Take a look at Airlinepilotpay.com Looking at the numbers there I doubt if this will happen anytime soon.

Believe it or not, I would like to see regional wages go up. It's kind of hard to ask for a pay raise if everybody else is stangnant or receeding.

My rant stands. All I am saying is that our pay and benifits are there because the unions fought for them. Not because of the kindness of your company. Now we are giving much of that back. A line needs to be drawn or we will be a minium wage. What's worse is there are people like "Goose Egg" that admit that they will step in and fly my job if I don't want to take a pay cut. That makes me sick. Truly Sad.

i may be young still. im 23 about to get my CFI and i wait tables and i will make more money waiting but is anyone else not doing it for the money. i understand that some of you have families and things to take care of...........but ami the only one not in it for the money?????

sorry i p*ssed you off dude......guess ill have to get there to know what its like

but wait....how bad can the pay be.....i wait tables 3 nights a week and bartend 2 and i can still pay rent, my car, bike and my bills......
what are you guys makin below 10K????

Latest resources

Back