Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots, Wht is your job worth????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hay, Dont get me wrong. I always said I would FLY for free because I love it, but there comes a time when you need to pay the morgage, put braces on the kids, pay for your wife's mamogram, exc.......

We as pilots sacrifice sleep, family, and health among other things to do this job. try doing a four day trip with eight legs a day and 14 hours of duty. Try getting "Drafted" to work on your day off when you are in a wedding. Spend Christmas in a smelly hotel eating out of a vending machine. Work on your kid's graduation day. Would you still do it for free? No, it is not ALL about money, buy we must stand up for FAIR COMPENSATION. The job is not all about Flying. Gear up to gear down, its great, but you must see the big picture.

just im me dude...you obvioulsly still here......

PM me if you need it

Industry-wide destruction.

So I am in the crew room the other day having a conversation with some fellow pilots in my company. I start complaining about pay and QOL and a discussion follows. At the end of the discussion I learned one thing. Pilots are worthless. None of you puke, sad, worthless and lazy pilots want to get off your a$$ and stand together against this BS. I have a 100K education to pay off and I don't see that happening on 17K a year. People tell me I "chose" this profession and that I should put up with it or leave. You know what??? I don't have to put up with it. I am a professional and I deserve to be able to EAT!!! I took a job because it is in the field that I am trained in and I expect to be compensated.

Dash Trash is right. F- management. Lets walk out. Lets strike. Lets picket. Stop settling for the "pay your dues" BS. It isn't true. The guys saying that got paid 30K a year to sit right seat in a metro in the 80's. And that was a lot of money back then.

I have a depressed and horrible life. I am tired of it. I also know there are others like me. Anyone who wants to do something about this needs to spread the word. I will support the effort to make the change for a better life.

this topic isnt very reassuring....im already 67K deep in training bout to go on my cfi ride............what should i do

The_Russian said:
So I am in the crew room the other day having a conversation with some fellow pilots in my company. I start complaining about pay and QOL and a discussion follows. At the end of the discussion I learned one thing. Pilots are worthless. None of you puke, sad, worthless and lazy pilots want to get off your a$$ and stand together against this BS. I have a 100K education to pay off and I don't see that happening on 17K a year. People tell me I "chose" this profession and that I should put up with it or leave. You know what??? I don't have to put up with it. I am a professional and I deserve to be able to EAT!!! I took a job because it is in the field that I am trained in and I expect to be compensated.

Dash Trash is right. F- management. Lets walk out. Lets strike. Lets picket. Stop settling for the "pay your dues" BS. It isn't true. The guys saying that got paid 30K a year to sit right seat in a metro in the 80's. And that was a lot of money back then.

I have a depressed and horrible life. I am tired of it. I also know there are others like me. Anyone who wants to do something about this needs to spread the word. I will support the effort to make the change for a better life.

WOW dude, That is harsh, even for me. But if more pilots had this mind set we would all be much better off.

I hope you are as vocal and active in your Union. One person will get fired for saying that stuff. If the whole pilot group says it as a whole, the airline has NO CHOICE but to respect you and give you a fair contract

Latest resources

Back