Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lowest times?

Hi WD! I'm the spouse of an AWAC employee of five years; but have lower times. What's the lowest times someone can be hired with there? I agree that AWAC is a great place to work and possibly retire. Did they increase their mins from 1500 and 500 to 2500? Does 135 experience and a four-year degree count anywhere? Thanks for the insight!

Last edited:
Well Flyguy,

It seems as though you are in a pretty descent position, provided that you have the mins. The times remain the same however you must respect the type of flight time that they are getting these days. With the industry in such turmoil the type of times that were being tossed around were in the neighborhood of 3000tt and up. I would If I were you throw my line into the water and see if I can't get a bite...

WD.

Thanks WD!

Thanks for the advice! I heard a rumor that AWAC is sort of behind the hiring curve for about 100 pilots (pilots they needed yesterday, I guess). Have you heard anything about that? If so, do you think they will consider someone with over two years 135 experience, a bachelors degree, over 300 hours of ME, but less than the total minimums (even for the 328)? I'm interested to hear your view on this. Thanks again!

I know that we need a load of pilots but I have been off since July due to a surgery. I am a bit out of the loop as to the day to day operations but I would not be surprised. Kristy has been thrown into the lions den with only a knife to do battle so she may be overwhelmed. I hope to be back next week at which point I would be in a little better position. As for your times, your ME time is certainly too low but I think that you said that your wife works here so that may be a big help. Like i said before try and see what you can come up with.

WD.

Sonic,

It has to be voluntary furlough not attrition. The company is counting on attrition, but voluntary furloughs prevent those of us on the bottom from loosing our jobs. But, I think the dead line has passed for taking a voluntary furlough.

I sent a resume at the end of August to Air Wisconsin with 2900 tt, 1900 turbine and 1100 jet, and I don't know anyone at Air Wisconsin. I have an interview date at the end of September, and was told by Kristi that I was interviewing for the 10/14 class date. That seems pretty tight....does anyone know what the time frame is for a call if you get the job?

You should get a letter within a week after your interview. There's a good letter and there's a bad letter.

Things have certainly changed a great deal since I was hired. I took them over three weeks to get back to me after my interview. Kristy is a lady who is on the ball with this stuff. I did an LOR for a friend of mine who interviewed yesterday and was called this morning with the job offer. If you feel that you need more time after your interview provided that you are selected it could be as soon as the next day. I wish you well and I hope that you get the job. Just remember to be yourself...

WD.

commuter policy?

Does AWAC have a commuter clause in the contract (i.e. if you are listed on 2 verifiable flights and check in at the airport, but can't get in due to loads/weather, etc, then you are not a "no-show") ?

We do not have one, it was talked about during contract time but fell by the way side in favor of more important things.

WD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back