• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats and welcome. We fly virtually coast to coast so people, get on our web site and take a look at the map find out if we come to your city and talk to the pilots we are glad to speak with you. This can be done for the price of some gas and parking. I think that's a pretty inexpensive way to help secure your career furture; But what do I know, I am just a lowly line pilot who has done this before and have gotton 2 121 jobs out of the deal...

WD.

I know we have a few pilots from the SFO/SAC area that are old Westair pilots. If they get on this board they will most likely entertain a few barley based beverages to hear your story. Problem is we have been warned about getting "egg on our face", so to speak, about recommending people and not knowing how they work in an aircraft. A good way to find out about possible contacts is an alumni directory from a school you attended. Especially if it was an aviation school. I was looking the other day and found out I know about five guys alone who work at SkyWest. I don't need that contact but if I did it would be great to know. Some I have flown with but have not seen for five years.

"If you have a friend here or know someone that knows someone here, NOW is the time. Hope to see some of you here and tell'em TrickDaddy sent ya they'll know."

Hey TrickDaddy WhiskeyDriver --

If you promise to be my friend I'll promise to send you a resume !!
:D

It's going to need to be a little bit more than that. Face to face is the ticket. Over the internet, one can't really get a feel for the type of person you are and that's not to say that you are not a dynamic individual but one can not know over the internet. I suggest that you get to the airport and meet those that are flying NOW I will be atleast another 2to3 weeks before I get back to work and If you want to come and meet me after that time I would be more than happy to meet and speak with you.

WD.

WD,
I am currently working to get an interview with Air Wisconsin, Do you know how long the wait would be to get a ground school date after a successful interview? Being on furlough, the funds are running out fast.
Also are most new hires going to the 328 or the CRJ?
Thanks for the previous info.

Stormer

AWAC

The info that I have is 2 classes per month usually 2 to 3 weeks to hear back as for the a/c I think it's the RJ but I could be wrong on that however no matter which a/c it's still a great job with an outstanding carrier.

WD.

Just got the call from Kristi today with a verbal offer and class date of Sept 23! Can't wait! I'm making the jump from Mesaba after 2 years. I was in the pool last year before 9/11 and got called to re-interview in late July. Interviewed again on Aug 29 with 2400 TT, 1500 ME, and 1200 turbine 121 time SIC. Sounds like things will really be moving fast and hoping for the best.

Hey congrats and welcome to the best national airline in the country. In case you don't know where a suite and tie on you first day of class because they will be taking you ID pictures. The company also springs for lunch on that day as everyone in the corp offices comes down to meet and greet you from ramper to president. Enjoy and once again welcome.

WD AKA The infamous Trick Daddy:cool:

There are several ways in which to approach this issue. The method that I always used was to update everytime there was a significant change in my current status, ie 100hrs or more flight, the addition of a rating or the passing of ONE MONTH. Do what ever you have to do to make youself standout in the crowd.

WD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back