Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stormer said:
WD,
I am currently working to get an interview with Air Wisconsin, Do you know how long the wait would be to get a ground school date after a successful interview? Being on furlough, the funds are running out fast.
Also are most new hires going to the 328 or the CRJ?
Thanks for the previous info.

Stormer

A recent company newsletter gave aircraft deliveries and class dates. It is planned to have the 38 RJ's (26 now) on line by Feb '03. As for classes, they are showing at least 1 initial groundschool class for both the RJ and 328 every month. It is therefore fair to say that each class will be a mix of RJ and 328 with possibly the odd 146 thrown in for good measure. The only advantage of the 328 is that upgrades could be under a year although you will be DEN based. RJ's are ORD & DEN, 146 is ATW & DEN.

I have heard that you can't bid captain on another aircraft you are currently flying at Air Wisconsin. For example, a 328 FO can't bid an RJ capt vacany and a RJ FO can't bid 328 capt. Anyone know any info about this??

This is a misconception, we have a letter of agreement in our contract that covers the declining fleet. The 328 is on it's way out so what they are doing is not allowing a rj fo who may be senior to take a 328 capt slot thus a junior 328 fo can take the slot not vice versa. That shoud about as clear as mud...

WD

Those a/c are on a long term lease so there is really no telling however I do know that the company would get rid of all of them at once if they could or work out a deal with another manufactuer to get Jets for taking these off their hands.

WD.

thanks for the info whiskey driver. I have send my resume there and know one pilot that was in my new hire class at eagle and quit right after IOE. Problem is trying to get in touch with him. If you or anybody else knows how to get in touch with Shane Ouellette, please drop me a PM. Thanks

Sonic....great news to hear an XJ guy getting out. Its been hell here lately. Now, could you do me a favor and take the voluntary furlough? It would save one FO from getting furloughed for a month. I know him, he's a great guy and he has a wife and kid to support. BTW, its not me, its a class mate.

ksu,
a classmate of mine starts groundschool at skywest this month and put in his notice with the chief pilot in msp, and supposedly he was the 5th f/o just on the msp side to give notice this week. i'll be going in to do the same in a few days and i'll try to find out the scoop, meaning if enough people leave will they still have to furlough. from talking with some other f/o's there are quite a number who are actively seeking other means of employment, which would definately help the cause around mesaba for the guys who want to stick it out.

Wiskey Driver said:
Those a/c are on a long term lease so there is really no telling however I do know that the company would get rid of all of them at once if they could or work out a deal with another manufactuer to get Jets for taking these off their hands.

WD.

We will see the 10 remaining 328's on the property until at least '04. As WD said these ones have longer leases on them. This is also because UAL plan to have all the prop's out of the express system hopefully around the end of '04. They are out of ORD and by all acounts DEN and IAD are slated next starting late next year. It all boils down to getting jet equipment deliveries to replace the props.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back