• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, AWAC management is going to be sending this request to the entire pilot group in a few days.

Try and look at the 'Big Picture'. They have to show Midwest their AWAC pilot group is trained to serve, obey and work with the company, not against it.
With the exception of the concession, this is a done deal.

The worst thing the AWAC pilots could do at this juncture is rock the boat or give the slightest inkling to Midwest they are unwilling to cooperate with their management. Remember, Midwest is 'looking at you' as their future B717 staff. That means; Bigger Plane, Better Schedule, Better Pay, Better Job Security, Better Life.

Take whatever they offer and understand you are looking at the 'Big Picture' and investing in your families future. Don't risk losing it by playing petty games because of a few loud mouthed malcontents among every pilot group.

This is a small sacrifice to secure a dream job.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Last edited:
crashpad said:
Yes, AWAC management is going to be sending this request to the entire pilot group in a few days.

Try and look at the 'Big Picture'. They have to show Midwest their AWAC pilot group is trained to serve, obey and work with the company, not against it.
With the exception of the concession, this is a done deal.

The worst thing the AWAC pilots could do at this juncture is rock the boat or give the slightest inkling to Midwest they are unwilling to cooperate with their management. Remember, Midwest is 'looking at you' as their future B717 staff. That means; Bigger Plane, Better Schedule, Better Pay, Better Job Security, Better Life.

Take whatever they offer and understand you are looking at the 'Big Picture' and investing in your families future. Don't risk losing it by playing petty games because of a few loud mouthed malcontents among every pilot group.

This is a small sacrifice to secure a dream job.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

you, sir, are endorsing exactly what the AWAC pilot group sacrificed in hopes of keeping United flying a few years back. we have been burned once and in too recent memory for it to foolishly happen again. furthermore, the previous concessions weren't even for our "dream job" as you put it, but for merely job security. if you know anything about the history of this company and pilot group, you should know that AWAC management can afford to pay us at the current rates and perhaps then some. i seriously reject your suggestion that we drop the arbitration and then turn around concede pay cuts. IF the pilot group were to consider concessions, the ink would have to dry on the Midwest contract before talks would begin.

what's that i smell...something's burning!...oh, yeah, flamebait...

if i didn't know any better, i'd say based on your post that you are Mesa or Go-Jets...or someone that got the AWAC rejection letter.

CaptETWes said:
you, sir, are endorsing exactly what the AWAC pilot group sacrificed in hopes of keeping United flying a few years back. we have been burned once and in too recent memory for it to foolishly happen again. furthermore, the previous concessions weren't even for our "dream job" as you put it, but for merely job security. if you know anything about the history of this company and pilot group, you should know that AWAC management can afford to pay us at the current rates and perhaps then some. i seriously reject your suggestion that we drop the arbitration and then turn around concede pay cuts. IF the pilot group were to consider concessions, the ink would have to dry on the Midwest contract before talks would begin.

what's that i smell...something's burning!...oh, yeah, flamebait...

if i didn't know any better, i'd say based on your post that you are Mesa or Go-Jets...or someone that got the AWAC rejection letter.

CaptEtWes, careful, very careful, Crashpad was a long term member of the AWAC team who moved on to better and bigger things a short time back. I don't believe that you have been here that long so he is more than up on how this pilot group got treated over the years.

Peace.

I will say it then. Crashpad, you suck! I hope you don't spread that give concessions bs at your new airline. Remember, you are their future A380 crew. ******************** head

Victor Mildew, if you agree with Crashpad, I don't think you have been here long enough to know what this pilot group as gone through.

JohnyChimpo22 said:
Victor Mildew, if you agree with Crashpad, I don't think you have been here long enough to know what this pilot group as gone through.

I was just saying to CaptETWes to be careful how he throws insults about and I have been here longer than I really care to remember right now.

Personally I will NOT take any forms of concessions, I will not finance this airline from my pocket anymore so they can make more money than they already are of the backs of the pilot group (or other groups for that matter). If we stay as a 70 aircraft 50 seat operator making relativly decent money and condidtions compared to other regionals then so be it.

CaptanETwes is right, I worked at Mesa too. Ahhh, the mammeries....
Pardon my being the antagonist, this happens occasionally when I mix the little brown beans with the Breyers.
Anyway, my point is: try to be magnanomous with the Amigos when they give their next performance. I don't expect you to give up anything without an iron clad warranty this time, or waive the current lawsuit. That's a matter for the courts and your case is pretty solid from what I've read. What I do expect is another attempt to divide your pilot group down the middle. You must exhibit uniform solidarity this time, and I believe you will.

I like JohnyChimpo... he speaks his mind and his username is the shizzle!

This message board is like a forum for the All Star Wrestlers of the airline industry, and who doesn't enjoy a good 'clothesline off the turnbuckle'?

Last edited:
so crash...are you saying that AWAC pilots are the future 717 drivers for YX? That takes a lot of nerve.

EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
so crash...are you saying that AWAC pilots are the future 717 drivers for YX? That takes a lot of nerve.

he would be what one would call a "troll"

I don't think anyone at awac is nieve enough to actually *believe* that..

One would hope so.... taakes a lot of nerve to say that. I know the window is opening up to us soon at syx and from what it sounds like it will only be open to us for hte next few classes and then mixed classes from then on. Nothing set in stone of course.

Latest resources

Back