Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyu27

I was called the other day for an interview at AWAC. Just wondering what the current hiring trend is and how long rsv is running. Any help is appreciated.

flyu27 said:
I was called the other day for an interview at AWAC. Just wondering what the current hiring trend is and how long rsv is running. Any help is appreciated.

The hiring trend is a trickle now. No more than 2 classes a month with 4-6 people per class (per a captain I recently flew with who just did recurrent). 11 pilots have left this month so far so the hiring is still attrition-based. Reserve is several months; august is month 3 for me. A line is coming my way in October, though. It may be shorter for some classes because there wasn't another class after mine for 3 months.

Depending on who you ask, you'll typically get these responses. Things could quickly get better (from an upgrade standpoint at least) if we are asked to fly for Midwest. Things could get even better from a money standpoint if the old contract is reinstated (over $40/hr second yr FO, plus even better rigs...I've heard). However, if both of those things pass us by then you could see a high number resignations from the more senior guys. In my perspective, either way you look at it from a new FO and upgrade point of view, things may pick up in the next few months...rapidly. Moral of the story is if AWAC is where you want to go, I think now is the best time to get on.

Midwest will announce their decision no later than the end of Sept. The arbitrator can take as long as he wants basically. So...just like in PHL, we must wait.

Regardless, best of luck.

Awac

Are they only hiring with 121 turbine experence? I got an ATP, 2472tt, 2357 PIC, 765 Multi, 154 Actual... but no turbine yet. What the best way to apply? I faxed & mailed my resume in.... Is hiring happening at mins? I am flying for a charter & freight company in WI but I am from New Jersey so PHL would be great for me...

CaptETWes said:
Midwest will announce their decision no later than the end of Sept. The arbitrator can take as long as he wants basically. So...just like in PHL, we must wait.
I'm not sure about that. I believe it was stated they had something like 3 months to decide, and that put the decision sometime around september/octoberish. Check out the posts on the air willy forum regarding the updates for specifics.

Last edited:
Capt. JD said:
Are they only hiring with 121 turbine experence? I got an ATP, 2472tt, 2357 PIC, 765 Multi, 154 Actual... but no turbine yet. What the best way to apply? I faxed & mailed my resume in.... Is hiring happening at mins? I am flying for a charter & freight company in WI but I am from New Jersey so PHL would be great for me...

You shouldn't need turbine time, but obviously I think it helps. You should be fine.

Capt. JD said:

Also look at XJT as they are obviously EWR and IAH based. They are a good bet as well to win the Midwest contract which should help keep their upgrade running around 2.5-3 years. One of the better contracts in the regional industry, from what I understand. Either way, good luck.

wheelsup said:
I'm not sure about that. I believe it was stated they had something like 3 months to decide, and that put the decision sometime around september/octoberish. Check out the posts on the air willy forum regarding the updates for specifics.

It's symantics really, however, if you add 3 months to the end of June when the RFP was due and submitted by AWAC, et al, then you have the end of September.

Skyways had a flowthrough with Midwest. Too bad for those looking to get on after years of service. Good news for all the boys and girls at AWAC. Looks like you hit paydirt! YEEHAW!!!

Anyone want to start a pool on when AWAC management will come to the MEC and tell us "you need to drop the grievance and accept a B (C) scale so we can lock up this flying."? I say 1 1/2 to 2 weeks max.

And of course we know what the response will be.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back