• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am unsure about the exact percentage of ownership in the new company. I have heard the number 9.7-13.1% depending on future investments by other parties. The pie piece got a whole lot smaller when AWA came to the table. It did however retain us one seat on the new board of Directors, after emergence and merger is completed.

RP170 said:
US Air 190 flying will be going to Republic. Air Wisconsin is too costly (ie dropped by United) so I wouldn't count on any of that flying for you guys. Besides, CHQ just ratified a new J4J with Airways to staff the 190's.

Dude what is it with you guys. Awac has a shot at those planes as well. I am sorry we are too expensive. We should come down to your level so we might have a chance for more flying. I just don't understand you chq guys on here. You almost seem happy that we were dropped by united. Anyway awac is a good company to those new guys welcome, I hope you like it here.

Victor Meldrew said:
Same with UAL and MESA (seen their stats lately? On time <50% completion lowest by far etc) UAL aren't happy at all but they went for cheapest even after being bitten by MESA years back.

No we haven't seen these stats, why don't you post them for us to see? Why would UAL give Mesa an additioal 30 CRJ's if they were that unhappy with there flying? -Bean

Beantown said:
No we haven't seen these stats, why don't you post them for us to see? Why would UAL give Mesa an additioal 30 CRJ's if they were that unhappy with there flying? -Bean

One word, BANKRUPTCY. UAL isn't making all its own decisions under bankruptcy. Any new contracts have to be approved by the bankruptcy judge and it's impossible to rationalize paying a high quality airline more money to do a better job when all that matters right now is saving money. You may notice that all Mesa's contracts have been signed since the bankruptcy. Not a single one prior to that. Mark my words. Mesa won't likely get any new UAL flying after they exit bankruptcy. If they do exit, I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see AWAC flying for United again in a few years. You get what you pay for and United knows that as well as any other airline who contracts with Mesa. Nothing against the pilots there. I know quite a few of them and they're good people. But you can't argue that the airline isn't run as a cheap and shoddy operation.

Will someone PLEASE tell Jay Lachenburg at Air Wisky that my test results came back positive!

Sorry bro

I heard a RUMOR that the management guy over at United that was responsible for getting rid of AWAC has been "let go". I don't know any names, I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

DASHDRIVER said:
I am unsure about the exact percentage of ownership in the new company. I have heard the number 9.7-13.1% depending on future investments by other parties. The pie piece got a whole lot smaller when AWA came to the table. It did however retain us one seat on the new board of Directors, after emergence and merger is completed.

Awac owns 15.1% of the new Usair with one seat on board. We are the second largest share holder. pre merger we own 29% of Usair with 3 seats on the Board.

Latest resources

Back