• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still see the smurf jets in DEN and I get a little sad....then I quickly get over it and am happy again. Lah-Lah-La-La-La-Lah....

Not trying to hide anything. I am currently finishing up some hourbuilding and I am curious if they make a big deal about safety pilot time. I have heard SKywest will pick your logbook apart looking for that type of thing. I think I am going to log it all as dual given since I am a MEI. The people I have flown with have had a CFII and lower.

joepilot29 said:
Not trying to hide anything. I am currently finishing up some hourbuilding and I am curious if they make a big deal about safety pilot time. I have heard SKywest will pick your logbook apart looking for that type of thing. I think I am going to log it all as dual given since I am a MEI. The people I have flown with have had a CFII and lower.

UGH. I use to take pride in the experience of the guy sitting next to me. Now we're attracting guys with an MEI and a bunch of hour building from the backseat.

If it says "First Class Medical" get a f'n First Class Medical.

Follow the simple directions and stop playing 'what if.' Just do what it says.

I swear if I hear "Flaps 30 ref plus 5" or "flaps 8 and go ahead and bug ref plus 5" one more time I'm going to scream.

Just do what you are suppose to do.

S.

Beechnut said:
UGH. I use to take pride in the experience of the guy sitting next to me. Now we're attracting guys with an MEI and a bunch of hour building from the backseat.

If it says "First Class Medical" get a f'n First Class Medical.

Follow the simple directions and stop playing 'what if.' Just do what it says.

I swear if I hear "Flaps 30 ref plus 5" or "flaps 8 and go ahead and bug ref plus 5" one more time I'm going to scream.

Just do what you are suppose to do.

S.

Flaps 30 ref plus 5, flas 8 and go ahead and bug ref plus 5.

Beechnut said:

Sorry, would not stoop that low to gain multi time. I just asked a simple question didn't think I would get some half a**ed response.

joepilot29 said:
Beechnut said:
. I just asked a simple question didn't think I would get some half a**ed response.
Careful buddy....there is a theme to these questions called "cutting corners" or "not following instructions", both of which can get an applicant disqualified from any airline. A successful applicant anywhere has all the required paperwork and documentation together in a neat stack so there is no question about qualifications or legitimacy of flight time. Even asking the question about the 1st class issue raises that question in our minds and will in the mind of an interviewer anywhere. Not just at AWAC. JP29 also failed another test which I won't bother to spell out. The 3 or 4 AWAC pilots who have responded here know what it is. I'll leave it to you to figure that out.

Last edited:
joepilot29 said:
Sorry, would not stoop that low to gain multi time. I just asked a simple question didn't think I would get some half a**ed response.

Be humble my friend. Don't blow it before you even get the interview.

I am not trying to start any fights. I have posed this question to some of my old cfi's and other friends of mine that fly. I pretty much get different answers from different people. I haven't really come up with a conclusion. Probably call a FSDO soon. I am basically timebuilding with another person.
Should I log it as safety pilot time or can I log it as dual given and he logs dual rec. We are basically splitting duties between flying pilot and non flying pilot. Believe me I am not trying to burn bridges. Not trying to hijack the thread either so I will drop the subject.

I just realized the answer to the other question. I have not sent my resume as of yet. Those hours I previously quoted are what I hope to have when I send it in. I have had friend's get caught on that based upon resume date and logbook dates. I am not trying to get ahead of myself.

joepilot29 said:
I am not trying to start any fights. I have posed this question to some of my old cfi's and other friends of mine that fly. I pretty much get different answers from different people. I haven't really come up with a conclusion. Probably call a FSDO soon. I am basically timebuilding with another person.
Should I log it as safety pilot time or can I log it as dual given and he logs dual rec. We are basically splitting duties between flying pilot and non flying pilot. Believe me I am not trying to burn bridges. Not trying to hijack the thread either so I will drop the subject.

If your buddy is qualified in the a/c ie he is MEL rated you can't log safety pilot at all the only time you can is if he he under the hood in simultaed IMC. You should only be logging what you fly.

Latest resources

Back