Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surfnfly said:
All E-190 flying will only be done by mainline. The AWA/US MEC's and company agreed to that last week in a new transition agreement. They also will allow up to 93 CRJ900 or smaller at express.

I think the fact that mainline secured the EMB-190 but essentially did not care about the CRJ900, it goes to show which is the superior product... not that it wasn't a debate in the beginning.

I am happy to see mainline is securing these 100 seat jets... I guess DAL and Airways have both done this with recently agreements, is that correct? Where does UAL stand?

generaltso said:
I think the fact that mainline secured the EMB-190 but essentially did not care about the CRJ900, it goes to show which is the superior product... not that it wasn't a debate in the beginning.

I am happy to see mainline is securing these 100 seat jets... I guess DAL and Airways have both done this with recently agreements, is that correct? Where does UAL stand?

Dumbest thing I've seen a pilot group do in a while. THEY SHOULD HAVE SECURED ALL 90 SEAT FLYING. Mark my words, they screwed themselves by just getting the E190.

J32driver said:
Dumbest thing I've seen a pilot group do in a while. THEY SHOULD HAVE SECURED ALL 90 SEAT FLYING. Mark my words, they screwed themselves by just getting the E190.

Care to expand on what the future holds Nostradamus.:rolleyes:

They probably didn't get the 900 flying probably partly because Mesa is already flying nearly 40 of them for pennies for HP.

Lampshade said:
Care to expand on what the future holds Nostradamus.:rolleyes:

Sure... in the 3 years that they are waiting on the Ejets to show up, the Express side of the house is going to ramp up another 93 airplanes flying 90 seats.

That flying COULD have been kept at mainline if they negotiated the size of an aircraft and not the type. A 90 seater is a 90 seater, I don't care where they hang the engines or where the carry-ons ride!!!!

J32driver said:
Sure... in the 3 years that they are waiting on the Ejets to show up, the Express side of the house is going to ramp up another 93 airplanes flying 90 seats.

That flying COULD have been kept at mainline if they negotiated the size of an aircraft and not the type. A 90 seater is a 90 seater, I don't care where they hang the engines or where the carry-ons ride!!!!

Here's some facts that should help you out:

38 CRJ900 flown by mesa currently
27 E170 flown by REP/MDA currently or soon to be
CRJ900/E170 to be flown by someone
--------
93 total

28 planes is whats coming, not a great thing but could have been a lot worse.
Air Wisc will probably see something out of this, a 1 for 1 exchange for 50 seaters maybe.

joepilot29 said:
How hard is to get based out of ORF. I live in the Virginia Beach area. Do they take that into consideration? I am about to shoot my resume in. Hopefully 930tt and 180multi will make it happen.

I'm #3 from the bottom and was awarded my first choice - ORF. People in my class who wanted PHL got it as well. DCA went more senior, I don't think anyone in my class got it. My instructor is a CRJ captain with 6 years and they are a captain in DCA on reserve.

Your times are very competitive. You'd get a call for sure.

~wheelsup

I plan on sending it in in the next week or 2. Finishing up some hour building in a twin. Do they grill your logbooks pretty badly or do the check all the endorsements and the hours check out?

joepilot29 said:
I plan on sending it in in the next week or 2. Finishing up some hour building in a twin. Do they grill your logbooks pretty badly or do the check all the endorsements and the hours check out?

I took mine along for all the good it did, they never even asked to see it but you never know! Have it filled out just incase.

If you're even considering showing up to an interview with a sketchy or incomplete logbook because you don't think it's important, save yourself the trouble and don't bother showing up. If you can't be bothered to bring in a neat logbook with accurate data, how can the company expect you to be diligent in your work when you get here?

Latest resources

Back