• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin Vs. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Contract this, Contract That!!! Work rules this, work rules that!!! I work for PDT and we have a good contract and decent pay!! But we all work for crappy regional airlines!!!!! My airline is better then your airline. No mines better!! I fell into that frame of thinking also... But it all sucks!! One year this regionals the best... the next year they suck!!! They all suck!!! The industry Sucks!!! Passangers Suck!!! Suck, Suck, Suck!!!!
Just go somewhere with a fast upgrade... Go to some other sucky mid level airline and one day hope to make 150k a year..
Enjoy this sucky profession we have all chosen!!!

Okay... too much Capt Morgen and Coke!!! Good night!!! And guess what? We all suck!!

Last edited:
FlyinPiker said:
As for your casual "things will get better in the next contract"....and "you only have to be miserable for the first couple years". Keep advertising that! We all know that working under the Red Tail they just love to give everybody what they want and they hate to see employees unhappy. 9E guys (that have been there over 5 years), Mesaba guys, and NW guys would all TOTALLY support that statement.

I'm certainly not saying that things will be easy with this next contract. It might happen quickly, or it might take 3 years, but things will get better. In all honesty, negotiations have been going very well so far. We have TA'd more sections in 8 months than ASA has in 3 years. In the end, things will get a lot better and you get the good job security in the mean time. Job security at AWAC is iffy at this point IMHO. What good is a decent relationship with management if you don't have any job security?

Yeah I know that AWAC signed a new contract for 10 years but let me ask this question to those who know. It is a contract with the old Usairways right. When the merger goes thru what type of relationship does AWAC have with america West who will be running the show.

Also if the new Usairways asks AWAC to GROW just like united did will they turn it down and jepordize their codeshare again.

Last time I checked just about ever major airline is bankrupt or on the verge of being bankrupt so working for northwest isn;t any different then usairways.

eastflier said:
Yeah I know that AWAC signed a new contract for 10 years but let me ask this question to those who know. It is a contract with the old Usairways right. When the merger goes thru what type of relationship does AWAC have with america West who will be running the show.

Also if the new Usairways asks AWAC to GROW just like united did will they turn it down and jepordize their codeshare again.

Last time I checked just about ever major airline is bankrupt or on the verge of being bankrupt so working for northwest isn;t any different then usairways.

No, It's a contract with the old and the new USairways. AWAC is the 2nd largest share holder in the new USairways and we have a seat on the board. I would not go to 9E if you care about QOL. Having worked for the other redtail regional I wouldn't go anywhere near a redtail during contract talks, unless you have a big tube of KY.

eastflier said:

Lets see the owners of AWAC were ignorant in not spilling out MORE of their own money to buy new airplanes with 15-20 year leases for a bankrupt airline with no plan of action that only wanted to sign a contract with them for 5 years.

I don't think AWAC is against growing, but they are against putting their profits at risks. When your a privately held company, it's your money to lose.

Piker

This may help your decision.......

Apparently Norfolk, VA is going to be staffed at around 200 pilots. This is out of 750-800 some pilots. Unless you live in Norfolk, wouldn't mind moving to Norfolk, or live in a city that has a nice little bundle of flights to Norfolk, I'd go to Pinnacle.

Doesn't look like there would be much chance of escaping ORF anytime soon unless you wanted to sit bottom lineholder or reserve in PHL or DCA.

Piker

FlyinPiker said:
Doesn't look like there would be much chance of escaping ORF anytime soon unless you wanted to sit bottom lineholder or reserve in PHL or DCA.

Piker

I'm betting its going to go senior, it'll become the 'new' appleton.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
I'm betting its going to go senior, it'll become the 'new' appleton.

~wheelsup

I think so too. It's a nice place as long as you don't mind all the military guys, and lack of women.

skychicken said:
I have recently received job offers from both AWAC and Pinnacle. I could use ANY info to help me make my decision! Thanks!
just f'ing pick one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back