Air Wisconsin Vs. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your seriuosly kidding me, right.

Yeah dude, go work for pinnacle. Stand up for what is right in this industry. Horse $hit pay, worse contract, and even better work rules. The pay is absolutely garbage, worse than Mesuck. The work rules don't exist. I can't believe your even comparing 9e with ZW. If you want to contribute to the ongoing downward spiral at the regional level, head right over to Pinnacle. Get treated like a no talent a$$ clown on a daily basis. I guess its whats more important to you. A quick upgrade, or being able to respect yourself at the end of the day for standing up with some sack in this industry which basically doesn't happen anymore. Not a rip on you, just all the other rif raf that keep killing our industry. Theres always Go blah blah Jets too...
Chumps!

eastflier said:
Plus what guarantee do they have that they will grow with usair when the merger goes thru when there are companies that can easily underbid them.

I *believe* they signed a 10 year contract. AWAC was happy with it, enough to put the $125 mil into them. It wasn't a 3 to 5 year deal, I'm sure of that.

~wheelsup

eastflier said:
Without a doubt pinnacle. I have several freinds that are at AWCA and don;t get me wrong they love the company however they have been sitting on pins and needles the past year. There is just alot of things up in the air right now. Plus what guarantee do they have that they will grow with usair when the merger goes thru when there are companies that can easily underbid them.

They are a good company however lets face it it comes down to who has the best offer and during these financial times AWAC may just be to costly for airways to expand.

When NWA declares BK in the next month, do you think pinnacle won't be on pins and needles?

Say anything nice? With only one that hates life? I know who that is, and we feel the same way, but to group us all into one because of one...mmmmm sounds familier...all pilots are...:D

J32driver said:
Didn't forget. My momma just told me "if you can't say anything nice... don't say anything." Most of those guys are pretty good. There is only 1 that I've dealt with who obviously hates his life. I save all of my tray table write-ups for him.

Last edited:
rightrudder said:
When NWA declares BK in the next month, do you think pinnacle won't be on pins and needles?

Worst case scenario: NW declares BK and is able to change Pinnacle's profit margins down to 4-6 percent. Pinnacle is already the lowest-cost regional in the business. NW can't possibly get a better deal from any other regional. Without NW being able to prove that they can save money with another regional, the judge will never approve the breaking of the current Air Service Agreement. I can assure you that none of us are on pins and needles.

PCL_128 said:
Worst case scenario: NW declares BK and is able to change Pinnacle's profit margins down to 4-6 percent. Pinnacle is already the lowest-cost regional in the business. NW can't possibly get a better deal from any other regional. Without NW being able to prove that they can save money with another regional, the judge will never approve the breaking of the current Air Service Agreement. I can assure you that none of us are on pins and needles.

Concidering NW owns PCL I seriously doubt that the above poster was trying to imply that PCL was in danger of losing it's Air Service Agreement.

Pins and Needles can mean alot of things.....espeacially when you are in contract negotiations.

Piker

FlyinPiker said:
Concidering NW owns PCL I seriously doubt that the above poster was trying to imply that PCL was in danger of losing it's Air Service Agreement.

Pins and Needles can mean alot of things.....espeacially when you are in contract negotiations.

Piker

NW doesn't own Pinnacle anymore. They haven't in several years. Pinnacle is a publicly traded company. Again, I can assure you that we are not on pins and needles in any way.

My recommendation? Come to Pinnacle. The job security is pretty good here, and the abominable pay and work rules will be corrected with the next contract. Life will suck for the first couple of years with the terrible pay and work rules, but it will get better and you won't have to worry about losing your job. I'm not so sure that you can say the same thing about most other regionals.

From our scoop in Memphis, at PCL, we are losing lots of FO these days to other airlines, aka ExpressJet, Skywest... just to name a few. I'd say we're losing about 15-20 a month. And that is why our training dept is very busy for the unforseen future. We have about 1200 bodies right now, and we are still about 200 shy of what our mgmt wants! And that's with our way understaffed tradition.

With our new VP of flt op on board, they've put in $200 a week plus hotel, and last I heard, they will start to give signing bonus to new hire as well soon.

Now the bad side of PCL, we've started contract negotiation with mgmt, and so far several sections has been solved, but it's still a long and uphill battle for us. I can say for the most of us our FO pay will be on our top priority, besides QOL. Of course there're better regionals out there, but hey, reserve ain't too bad if you live in base. Just my 2 cents...

PCL_128 said:
......................the abominable pay and work rules will be corrected with the next contract............... Life will suck for the first couple of years with the terrible pay and work rules........

Thank you for the correction! I didn't realize they turned you guys lose. Either way, my statement that they owned you was suppose to be a plus......I believe they own the airplanes or something like that right?? Either way.....I'm with you, I doubt they'd want to shoot themselves in the foot. I don't believe PCL will be losing flying.

As for your casual "things will get better in the next contract"....and "you only have to be miserable for the first couple years". Keep advertising that! We all know that working under the Red Tail they just love to give everybody what they want and they hate to see employees unhappy. 9E guys (that have been there over 5 years), Mesaba guys, and NW guys would all TOTALLY support that statement.

I'm not saying going to 9E is a bad move, I'm just saying I haven't heard an arguement that would convince me to go there yet. He.ll it would take alot for me to go to any regional at this point.

Piker

Latest resources

Back