• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots win!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I hope the rest of the industry grows balls and stands up to mgt like we are doing. Someone needs to stop th race to the bottom.

I was neither in management nor a line pilot. I worked in Dispatch, a UNION group.

Oh so then you have no idea what it's like to be away from home for 15-18 days a month living in hotel rooms? Sometimes for two weeks at a time because your company decided to make both ends of your trip uncommutable and set your schedule up so that you have a three day backed up by a two day with only one day off in between before the next set of five days in a row starts. Yeah, now I know what you're going to say, "well you knew what you were getting yourself into when you took the job." Well you might be onto something there, but maybe that's why pilots used to get compensated the way they did and would get a fair amount of days off. Because they miss every holiday, birthday, anniversary, baseball game, and work every weekend, which is when normal people go out and socialize. Why do you think most pilots have been divorced, most of them twice?

Oh so then you have no idea what it's like to be away from home for 15-18 days a month living in hotel rooms? Sometimes for two weeks at a time because your company decided to make both ends of your trip uncommutable and set your schedule up so that you have a three day backed up by a two day with only one day off in between before the next set of five days in a row starts. Yeah, now I know what you're going to say, "well you knew what you were getting yourself into when you took the job." Well you might be onto something there, but maybe that's why pilots used to get compensated the way they did and would get a fair amount of days off. Because they miss every holiday, birthday, anniversary, baseball game, and work every weekend, which is when normal people go out and socialize. Why do you think most pilots have been divorced, most of them twice?

Move to your domicile, try to get the day trips/ 2day trips and start rebuilding your life. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Stop torturing yourself in hotel rooms and by commuting. Take the move expenses, move, and begin to live a normal life again. Commuting must end to return to some sense of normal life. A campaign should be started for management to make nothing but day trips or two days trips/ Standups. Save money on hotels. End 4 day trips now! Use the money saved on hotels to pay us more. In fact airline schedules should be nothing but locals. Also throw in some two day trips and Standups to cover the RONs. By doing locals and two day trips you won't miss nearly as many milestones in your life. The airline lifestyle of living in a hotel must end!!

Last edited:

Great post

Don't forget possible criminal charges if you land a plane too hard. Honestly though, if I hear one more Dispatcher, Scheduler, Mechanic, or anyone else for that matter say "why don't you just move?" I am going to lose it. First of all I have seen better housing in Baghdad than Philly. Second, I chose this, I'll deal with it. I am not going to put my family through my hell. If I moved near domicile it would be an easier drive to work but I will still be gone 4 days at a crack. Only now my wife and child will have no support from family or friends. My wife would have to quit her job, move from her family and friends, have my daughter grow up not knowing her Nanna and Grandpa just so I can get home six hours earlier. That is not worth it. If I have to commute to Poopadelphia for the remainder of my AWAC career so be it. If they say that giving us backpay and our old contract back will put them under I say sucks for them. That will not happen because not only are they profitable now but they made a killing on the Airways investment. All that will happen is it will cut into the profits of our owners. They have proven even under a concessionary contract they can't secure more flying. All the RFP's are out and gone and we got Nadda. It was just business when they took our money, and it will be just business taking it back.

The way managment is and has been acting is a discrace to this once great airline. We prided ourselves on having a great pilot/managment relationship. 9 times out of 10 there was no need to grieve anything. It was always resolved. I am sure that if guys that retired were to see how it is here now, they would not believe it.

Move to your domicile, try to get the day trips/ 2day trips and start rebuilding your life. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Stop torturing yourself in hotel rooms and by commuting. Take the move expenses, move, and begin to live a normal life again. Commuting must end to return to some sense of normal life. A campaign should be started for management to make nothing but day trips or two days trips/ Standups. Save money on hotels. End 4 day trips now! Use the money saved on hotels to pay us more. In fact airline schedules should be nothing but locals. Also throw in some two day trips and Standups to cover the RONs. By doing locals and two day trips you won't miss nearly as many milestones in your life. The airline lifestyle of living in a hotel must end!!

I'm beginning to think you really are as stupid as you seem. Otherwise, you'd realize the whole point for RONs is flying an early morning originator to the hub.

Yeah, people who were told "we're NEVER leaving Denver" should root up their teenage children, sell their homes, and move out to the croweded, expensive, sh!thole east coast simply so management can save some bucks.

:rolleyes:

Hey you guys you are taking the fun out of this thread..it started out positive. Go start a different, bitter thread.

I'm beginning to think you really are as stupid as you seem. Otherwise, you'd realize the whole point for RONs is flying an early morning originator to the hub.

Yeah, people who were told "we're NEVER leaving Denver" should root up their teenage children, sell their homes, and move out to the croweded, expensive, sh!thole east coast simply so management can save some bucks.

:rolleyes:

You said everything I wanted to say...I just didn't get here in time

You said everything I wanted to say...I just didn't get here in time

except that you should gladly keep moving everytime you get discplaced, upgrade or whatever the reason to move domiciles.....

If airlines had to choose pilots who would gladly live in domcile the pickins would be slim.....

Latest resources

Back