• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots win!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our pilots responded quickly (and foolhartedly) to United's demands for a concession. Within a month after MEC negotiations started, we voted YES and had the votes counted. We could have done the same thing for US Airways, why couldn't we have? Even if we had voted NO the first time (always a good decision especially when you're being rushed in negotiations) the pilots would've likely voted yes for concessions later down the road.

Loooking back....Do you feel your MEC was being straight with the pilot group, or were they in the pockets of the Tres Cojones?

AWAC was either pretty lucky or the management team was incredibly brilliant to have survived the UAL situation and find a place for their 70 jets so quickly. I hope you get what's due from management but they also did a good job of keeping AWAC afloat in a situation that could have easily put everyone out on the street. Black Hawk (AWAC short timer)

I can see why you and others would think along those lines. But here's a counter arguement. Had AWAC just gone and done a deal for CRJ-700s like UAL wanted (and awarded like candy) then they wouldn't have had to find a new home for their 70 CRJs! The 3 Amigos could have done a deal but they wanted their margin. Fine. But they didn't have a new deal with UAL like they told us they did. Then UAL says that AWAC had been paid the same all along and they were tired of it and put our flying up for bid. So, I see it a bit different. Yes, brilliant move and they made a sh!t load of $$ off the stock. But it wouldn't have been necessary had they just done what UAL wanted and gotten the 700s. Then again. Maybe this is exactly what they wanted to do. Have an opportunity to shake out the top seniority and lower their operating costs by lowering average seniority.

Just a thought.

Loooking back....Do you feel your MEC was being straight with the pilot group, or were they in the pockets of the Tres Cojones?

I don't know, I was a pretty new 9 month probie. That's a pretty tall conspiracy order to swallow. I think they believed that Big blue was able and willing to farm out flying to lower cost bidders, and that has proven true.

I'm surprised you haven't wacked the other crashpad, goes by the name 'Crash Pad'. Can't have that now.

Can someone please give me the dates again of when the new {concessionary}contract was voted on and the date it went into effect? Will the pilots who worked there at the time the concessionary contract went into effect but no longer work there now get back pay?

We don't know what the "remedy" will be yet. They have 14 days from last Friday the 9th to talk about a remedy. I doubt very much something will be reached and it will go back to the arbitrator for a final resolution.

Good Job. You help to set the standard for the rest of the industry at the regional level, hell all of us could learn from your pilot group about having the courage to stand for your own personal self worth and staying united. Congrats and I hope we all follow your lead.

Justanumba...love the avatar!!! That is a great movie, one of my favorites!

Latest resources

Back