• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots win!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually after this good news, I could almost care less over who wins...we as a pilot group won big today and that is all that matters.

GO ALPA!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a lawsuit will probably be required to compel compliance with the arbitrator's award.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a lawsuit will probably be required to compel compliance with the arbitrator's award.

My understanding is this was a "binding arbitration". The company has no choice but to comply with the finding. If they don't, they just open themselves up to even larger penalties.

The cheapest way out for them at this point is to just pay up and be done with it.

We'll see. This is far from over. Now comes the other Unions' filings and the Company saying they're going under. Then a "settlement" is reached between the Union and Company that may be something other than full back pay and interest, along with the '99 contract, pissing off a BUNCH of pilots.

Now at least I can see the tip of the iceberg.

S.

first nc state beats unc-chapel hill...then duke loses at home to florida state...now this...what a great freaking weekend!

PRO: AWAC pilots get a kick ass contract, congrats guys!

CON: AWAC becomes even more expensive and still never wins an RFP. What happens in 8 years when the Airways contract runs out?

That's ok. I would rather get paid adequately and not grow rather than whore my self out flying 70 and 90 seat jets at a 50 seat payscale. What happens in 8 years is what is going to happen irregardless of what pilot contract AWAC pilots are flying under. The Three Amigos have made it pretty clear that they don't want to deal with an expensive airline that has expensive airplanes and pilots. Ground handling is much more lucrative for the boys up in Appleton. My advice: enjoy the next 8 years unless attitudes dramatically change in ATW, and try to find a better flying gig in the interm period. (Then again, it wouldn't suprise me if The Three Amigos sold the airline here in the not too distant future.)

Latest resources

Back