Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots turn down pay cuts for 3rd time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
Just so the rest of the industry knows what is going on...

ZW pilots were just asked to again entertain a B scale to bid on the Midwest Airlines 50 seat flying last week. They were also asked for a 70 seat T-prop rate. Additionally, they were asked about a 90 seat rate. The answer was given: No B scale. We have a 90 seat rate it's called the BAE-146 rate we have now. And you can put a "/t-prop" next to our negotiated 70 seat jet rate.

This was all predictable. I was just saying to my wife last week how we would get a carrot thrown in front of us just before our arbitration date (tommorrow the 28th).

I'm glad we had the good article in ALPA Pilot magazine. It pretty much states it true what's gone on here. I'm proud that our MEC responded to this 3rd attempt to lower the bar the way they did.

Whats the source on this intel, CF/BF/JA? And a "b-scale" compared to what, the 9/11 contract or the current CBA? Lordy knows if ATW wants to go after the MidEx/Cal/US 90 seaters it won't be pilot costs that prevents it...

Very interesting news less than 24 hours before the arbitration...

Good for you guys. Don't give in to pressure from Management, especially when the company is making profits. Hang tuff bouyzzzzzzzzzz.

DiverDriver said:
Just so the rest of the industry knows what is going on...

ZW pilots were just asked to again entertain a B scale to bid on the Midwest Airlines 50 seat flying last week. They were also asked for a 70 seat T-prop rate. Additionally, they were asked about a 90 seat rate. The answer was given: No B scale. We have a 90 seat rate it's called the BAE-146 rate we have now. And you can put a "/t-prop" next to our negotiated 70 seat jet rate.

This was all predictable. I was just saying to my wife last week how we would get a carrot thrown in front of us just before our arbitration date (tommorrow the 28th).

I'm glad we had the good article in ALPA Pilot magazine. It pretty much states it true what's gone on here. I'm proud that our MEC responded to this 3rd attempt to lower the bar the way they did.

Awesome guys keep it up.

BoilerUP said:
Whats the source on this intel, CF/BF/JA? And a "b-scale" compared to what, the 9/11 contract or the current CBA? Lordy knows if ATW wants to go after the MidEx/Cal/US 90 seaters it won't be pilot costs that prevents it...

Very interesting news less than 24 hours before the arbitration...

B-scale compared to our current CBA. It was presented before as to "not effect a single pilot on property". This, however is misleading. As soon as a FO upgrades during any expansion then they would be paid B-scale CAs wages until enough people left the top so they would be part of the A-scale. So, no. We're not going to do it. And even if it truly did not effect a pilot on the property I would say no also because it would then lower the bar for everyone else AND would be an act of undercutting the SkyWay pilots to get Midwest Express flying.

I have no problem doing ME flying if our company puts in a competitive bid or does some sort of financing. I can't control that. AWAC has to decide what profit margin they want out of the flying. I just will not participate in undercutting just to get flying. It doesn't help our current pilot group or anyone entering the airline field.

We made a move in 2003 because we thought we were helping our company when United was in bankruptcy. We thought we were buying something for our money and that was a 10 year contract with United. We found out that was completely not true. No trust is left until this group is made whole or an arbitrator says we don't have a leg to stand on. Once that happens then we can move forward.

There actually was about a 4 year period where there were no grievances with the company. Things were settled in direct talks. That working environment no longer exists and so we will let the system work it out.

Last edited:
DD, I completely agree with you on every point. I'm still a probie so I don't have a say, but I don't want b-scales either (on the regional level? gimme a break...) and will not accept lower wages because of the growth carrot, especially while the company is profitable and selling hundreds of millions worth of LCC stock.

I haven't heard anything about B-scales since BF was on the jumpseat a few weeks ago and he emphasized how much sand the MEC told the company to pound regarding them, thats why I was wondering what the source was.

Several sources to include BF. This request to talk happened late last week just days before our arbitration date. Predictable timing.

Bravo Air Wisconsin. Any pilot group that decides to screw future hires with a B-scale deserves to be screwed over themselves. It's management's dream come true to have a truly divided pilot group.

Latest resources

Back