Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots turn down pay cuts for 3rd time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with our owners is they want to make the kind of profits they did with United. Now they are turning to the pilots to finance new flying...sorry our MEC has spoken. Just like DiverDriver said we're not going to undercut to pick up someone's flying.

On a side not I guarantee management would have slid mesa's payrates across the table during negotiations for a B scale. Every regional carrier needs to do their part with our "career". Jack the house up one side at a time, who's turn is it next?

I am done financing this company out of my own back pocket especially if it means screwing over another pilot group or adding fuel to the race to the bottom. If we don't grow any further right now, so be it, but the owners are making more money and profits now than they were before we took the concessions and they have the b@lls to ask for more - GET STUFFED!!

Victor Meldrew said:
I am done financing this company out of my own back pocket especially if it means screwing over another pilot group or adding fuel to the race to the bottom. If we don't grow any further right now, so be it, but the owners are making more money and profits now than they were before we took the concessions and they have the b@lls to ask for more - GET STUFFED!!

Agreed!!

If all pilot groups were like AirWhiskey this would be a much better job.

I thought it was interesting how the article mentioned how ACA and ZW got together and agreed on how they wouldn't undercut each other (2003 when UAL filed).

Why can't the rest of the MEC's do that?

They can and they should. We all should.

T-minus one day to arbitration. ( I know...the decision won't be for 4 months...just want to get game on!)

These MGMT pukes need to see that we are no longer going to sit and watch them erode this career to line their pockets!!

It has become SOP in this industry for company A to ask pilots for cuts so the company can "underbid" company B. The 1 year later, company B needs to cut costs to be competitive. All while handing out bonuses and posting profits

Disgusting

FCPhotography said:
If all pilot groups were like AirWhiskey this would be a much better job.

I thought it was interesting how the article mentioned how ACA and ZW got together and agreed on how they wouldn't undercut each other (2003 when UAL filed).

Why can't the rest of the MEC's do that?

well, i think it is beginning at least on the DCI side

not too many details available, but it is a fact that CMR and CHQ MECs have met and drafted mission statements to that effect. it is time for this sh!t to stop. i don't see too much hope on the USAirways side of things due to the wholly owned companies. not trying to imply anything negative, but i would just see some friction between them and the contract carriers

The Drizzle said:
well, i think it is beginning at least on the DCI side

not too many details available, but it is a fact that CMR and CHQ MECs have met and drafted mission statements to that effect. it is time for this sh!t to stop. i don't see too much hope on the USAirways side of things due to the wholly owned companies. not trying to imply anything negative, but i would just see some friction between them and the contract carriers
There is friction there with Mesa, Republic and even AWAC with the WO's but what makes AWAC unique is that THEY own a piece of mainline.

I do admire their stand and support them in every way even though I have run into some of the bitter "bad apples" in PHL that are just total pricks.

Don't let the few spoil the bunch. You may hear bitching in the crew room but that's where it should stay. Once out in front with the people it's straight face and "git'r done" time.

Latest resources

Back