Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots turn down pay cuts for 3rd time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm embarassed to admit it, but Mesa pilots accepted a lesser rate for larger-seat turbo props instead of holding out to match comprable seat pay for their jets (basically, you fly Q400's you get screwed as opposed to CRJ 700's . . course we don't fly Q400's . . . .YET).

Mmmmm, shiny jet syndrome . . . . .

God, now I'M starting to bash Mesa at every opportunity . . . . I gotta get outta here or at least get off FI. . . . .

Come on guys, you couldn't see this one coming? First we get the "official" announcement that we are bidding on it, then the next day we get a "weekly wrap" talking about all these other airlines that are accepting concessions. They might as well have written the message all over the crew rooms in ORF, DCA, and PHL. They are trying to play us like a harp. Dangle a couple midwest bases in front of the veterans and say "you can have yours if we have ours" and see what happens. I am proud to work for a company that the pilot group has some balls to tell mgmt to stick it where the good lord split it.

Thought this might be prudent for the battle coming with Mgmt..........

"WHOEVER DOES NOT HAVE THE STOMACH FOR THIS FIGHT, LET HIM DEPART..............

WE FEW, WE HAPPY FEW, WE BAND OF BROTHERS;
FOR WHOEVER HAS SHED HIS BLOOD WITH ME, SHALL BE MY BROTHER.

AND THOSE MEN AFRAID TO GO, WILL THINK THEMSELVES AS LESSER MEN AS THEY HEAR HOW WE FOUGHT TOGETHER..."

No disrespect to any of the other pilot groups out there (well, plenty to a few), I wouldnt want to be with any other Regional. MGMT is not going to win this one....

Time to follow the LEADER.

AWACoff said:
Wsurf,
Don't respond unless you have an iota of current and correct information. You are just a flamebaiter. I'm guessing it was you that slowed to less than 100kts 8 miles out for 26 the other day. So sorry you couldn't force us to go around. Better luck next time...

The last thing we need is for you, mr awacoff, to jump in here and try to escalate tensions between airlines. This guy didn't attack this company, you, or our pilots. What is the point of your post other to be a smart aleck?

The rest of us at AWAC don't bear any grudge with you PDT guys, so don't listen to this dude who doesn't speak for the rest of us.

Last edited:
DiverDriver said:
Just so the rest of the industry knows what is going on...

ZW pilots were just asked to again entertain a B scale to bid on the Midwest Airlines 50 seat flying last week. They were also asked for a 70 seat T-prop rate. Additionally, they were asked about a 90 seat rate. The answer was given: No B scale. We have a 90 seat rate it's called the BAE-146 rate we have now. And you can put a "/t-prop" next to our negotiated 70 seat jet rate.

This was all predictable. I was just saying to my wife last week how we would get a carrot thrown in front of us just before our arbitration date (tommorrow the 28th).

I'm glad we had the good article in ALPA Pilot magazine. It pretty much states it true what's gone on here. I'm proud that our MEC responded to this 3rd attempt to lower the bar the way they did.

So ZW pilots are retards whats your point?

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D'Angelo said:
So ZW pilots are retards whats your point?

SWEET!!! Big D posted on a thread I started. Damn, I must be a star now.

<waves hi to D>

Oh, and you can take your self ritious butt out of here. Who's name calling now Big D? Hypocrite.

AWACoff said:
Wsurf,
Don't respond unless you have an iota of current and correct information. You are just a flamebaiter. I'm guessing it was you that slowed to less than 100kts 8 miles out for 26 the other day. So sorry you couldn't force us to go around. Better luck next time...

LOL..... Thats to funny!! Where is the flame you moron!!! I said it was a smart move selling the stock and doubling your money a$$ nutz..... Read boy, Read!!!!

AWACoff=Tool!!!!

Last edited:
Rightrudder,

I guess you haven't tried jumpseating on PDT, eh? You may not harbor a grudge against PDT but a significant percentage of their pilot group certainly dislikes Air Wisconsin. Maybe you forgot about us "stealing" their domicile at ORF...? In case you are unaware of Wsurf, I suggest you search for his previous posts. He is an immature presence on this board who resorts to namecalling when he can't provide a suitable argument.

Here is another probie who does not want lower wages for a quick upgrade. Thanks for standing firm.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back