Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots turn down pay cuts for 3rd time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
Rightrudder,

I guess you haven't tried jumpseating on PDT, eh? You may not harbor a grudge against PDT but a significant percentage of their pilot group certainly dislikes Air Wisconsin. Maybe you forgot about us "stealing" their domicile at ORF...? In case you are unaware of Wsurf, I suggest you search for his previous posts. He is an immature presence on this board who resorts to namecalling when he can't provide a suitable argument.

No Piedmont person has a grudge against Air Wisconsin..... You are again a moron in thinking that!! You folks got hosed just like we did!! You had to move everyone to the east coast. We had to move people from Florida and Norfolk. So what's your point???
When have you had a problem with the jumpseat on PDT? If so, contract your jumpseat cordinator and we can fix the problem you had. Don't come on here and just whine about it.
Search my pevious post!!! Most of them have a sense of sarcasm!!! Something you just don't get!!!
You gotta be a newbie in the business!!! Good Luck!!!

AWACoff said:
Rightrudder,

I guess you haven't tried jumpseating on PDT, eh? You may not harbor a grudge against PDT but a significant percentage of their pilot group certainly dislikes Air Wisconsin. Maybe you forgot about us "stealing" their domicile at ORF...? In case you are unaware of Wsurf, I suggest you search for his previous posts. He is an immature presence on this board who resorts to namecalling when he can't provide a suitable argument.

Alright, I am going to throw the B.S. flag on this one...

I am a PDT captain who used to be based in ORF/PHF, and currently operate Dash 8's in and out of ORF on a nearly weekly basis. I can say with virtual certianty that NO Air Willy pilot has been denied the jumpseat or even harrassed based upon who he works for. Granted the dash is often weight limited (especially the -100), but we will move heaven and earth to try and get you on. Period, end of story.

AWACoff, if you feel you have been wrongly denied a ride, then take it up with your JS coordinator or even PM me the flight and date and I will refer it to ours. If you brought the same B.S. attitude you are displaying here to the airplane and you got hasseled, then you deserved it. I guess every airline has that "one percent."

Stop trying to find a fight between two airlines that isn't there. Or, do it in person in the LGA or PHL crew rooms. I look forward to the conversation.

By the way, Surf is a great guy who said nothing bad about Air Willy, and I too thank the Air Wisc guys for standing up and not backing down. Beers on me.

FCPhotography said:
If all pilot groups were like AirWhiskey this would be a much better job.

I thought it was interesting how the article mentioned how ACA and ZW got together and agreed on how they wouldn't undercut each other (2003 when UAL filed).

Why can't the rest of the MEC's do that?

Isn't that the defination of the word "Union"
Thats the problem with this crappy industry, there is no true union here. Everyone is protecting their own interests.

Screw you guys i'm going home

If any of you have been denied a jumpseat on PDT, its because the -100s are don't have a jumpseat.

The have a device that folds down between the seats to hold the torn and tattered MEL, captain's hat, and a lot of dust. There is even a seatbelt there to keep the dust in. The -300s on the other hand can almost always take a jumpseater.

If you feel you've been wronged with the PDT jumpseat, PM me. I'm on the PDT jumpseat committee and will see what we have to do to get it fixed.

As far as Surf goes (and it pains me to say anything nice about him), he's a good friend, good pilot, and almost as big a wise a$$ as myself. Calling him a flame baiter is rediculous.

"Standing firm" today equals unemployment line tomorrow. Unfortunately the union manages to brainwash a lot of people. Its foolish to try and work with MECs to not undercut each other. Theres always someone out there looking out for their best intrests therefore we must all do the same.

The union hasn't brainwashed anybody. It just so happens that ARW's union consists of a pilot group that is tired of being lied to and is 100% unwilling to do their job for less than they do now, and is unwilling to screw over future pilots based upon that carrot of growth.

How's that "paycut for growth" treating you at Comair, D? Oh thats right, you're not really a Comair pilot...

AWACoff said:
Rightrudder,

No I have not encountered any PDT pilots who were anything but friendly. Even if you do believe that they dislike us, posting comments like you did are certainly not going to help the situation. I hope that those reading realize the your comments are your own and do not reflect the Air Wisconsin pilot group. You might want to reflect on your own maturity when you resort to name calling.

BoilerUP said:
The union hasn't brainwashed anybody. It just so happens that ARW's union consists of a pilot group that is tired of being lied to and is 100% unwilling to do their job for less than they do now, and is unwilling to screw over future pilots based upon that carrot of growth.

How's that "paycut for growth" treating you at Comair, D? Oh thats right, you're not really a Comair pilot...

No worries here, just flyin the line waitin to see how BK all plays out. The paycuts havent taken effect yet remember. We are just waiting for the F/As to be dealt with and then we will be safe and sound with paycuts and new growth. Im sure it will take the judge a while to decide. These are definately exciting times though. Its not a matter of if but when a judge will void a union contract. Its exciting to be setting new ground and im glad to be a part of it at comair. Patience is all you need. Once all is said and done we will be in as good of a position as any to get new flying. Screw over future pilots? Please you have to watch out for yourself you can't worry about the future. You live for today, do whats best for you and worry about tomorrow later. This buisness of always trying to raise the bar is old and tired. People finally realize that the pre 9/11 contracts were simply outrageous. Our vote which was a majority btw was our way of admitting the pre 9/11 contracts were simply outrageous. Just look at the old mainline contracts. The unions voting in all those lavish outrageous contracts where the ones that really screwed future pilots.

AWACoff said:
You are just a flamebaiter. I'm guessing it was you that slowed to less than 100kts 8 miles out for 26 the other day. So sorry you couldn't force us to go around. Better luck next time...

Whoa, whoa, and whoa again. Billy's was a post with an inaccurate number. Yours was flame bait.

Get used to seeing that over the next month or so; lots of newhires, lots of INEXPERIENCED newhires that is, doing SOE (our version of IOE). So if somebody slowed to ref+20 after throwing out the anchor wayyy before GSI and they have any kind of headwind, you'll see that. I apologize for the wrench in the gears, but they have to play the game per the instructor.

Ya can't tell me it was a real problem; I've seen some pretty danged amazing stuff from the ground when you're slotting into 35-- I have no idea how you guys split the touchdown zone markers almost every time. :)

Back to the topic, AWESOME JOB on the AWAC pilot's part. Gee, I wonder what the 70 seat TP would be...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back