• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIR TRANSPORT of the CAROLINAS (FLO)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A new ad on indeed.com for vacancies in the flight dept. at this place!!!!!! Seems like those that go there just do not want to stay,and for GOOD reasons!!! They could get violated by the FAA for PT.135 violations,or they could get killed,if they follow the lead of their mgmt,unless of course the NEW chief pilot has gotten things cleaned up,if he was allowed to. No one wants to fly for an outfit such as this one that pays 1/3 of market rate for pilots,especially since its a buyers market for pilots these days

This outfit is now putting ads for pilots back on indeed.com!!!!! I guess jsfirm.com was TOO expensive,since this place does NOT want to spend any money at all,especially on maintenance of 2 PA -31 Navajo Chieftains,and 1 Cessna Citation!!!!!!!(n)(n)(n)(n)

These turkeys at Air Transport of the Carolinas are spending quite a bit of money on ads for pilots,the amount may exceed what the maintenance costs are on those 2 PA-31's they have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n)(n)(n):LOL::LOL::LOL:

So what is a piston twin pilot getting paid these days anyway? Heck, I'm not that far from maybe looking for something that doesn't require a 1st Class medical or being under 65...not that I'm likely to move to the pecan capitol of the universe or anything!

This place has ALREADY posted their starting salaries on INDEED.com, $26.7k to $35k/yr!!! A joke in this day and time!!!!!!! They also want an applicant to be TYPE rated in a Citation 11/1V!! Do NOT go there!!!
When I went there to interview,I discovered that PT.119/PT.135 regs being violated on a constant basis!!!! The number of violations was in the "thousands"!! This was about 2 yrs ago,since then,they have gotten a new chief pilot,new Dir of Maint!!!!!! The guy who has overall supervisory responsibilty works out of Charleston,goes by the initials,ST!! This guy knows absolutely nothing!!!!! NOT FAA certified in anything,but he CLAIMS he has 25 yrs experience in "managing" aircraft!!!!!!
Nobody has gotten killed as of yet,so maybe they have cleaned up their act!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that the Florence area is low budget but I wouldn't take a job as a ramp rat there for $26k/yr even if they provided the carbine, sidearm w/holster (all of my choosing), lots of ammo and a place to practice!

I know that the Florence area is low budget but I wouldn't take a job as a ramp rat there for $26k/yr even if they provided the carbine, sidearm w/holster (all of my choosing), lots of ammo and a place to practice!
You would be well advised to stay away from this place,they cannot attract pilots at all!!! The supply of "qualified" pilots is shrinking fast!!!!! Anyone with any qualifications is NOT going to work at a place such as this!!!!!!!(y)(y)(y)

The latest news on this place is the charter ops is moving out of KFLO to KGGE,(Georgetown,SC)!!!!! The few remaining pilots( perhaps only 2-3) will now have to drive to KGGE from the KFLO area,about 50-60 miles one-way,causing more expense to the pilots in gas for their personal vehicles,more travel time to and from the job. would not think that any of the pilots there,living in the KFLO area,will put up with this for very long!!!!
Then,this bottomfeeder of an outfit will have a desperate need to hire more pilots,which they cannot do presently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like these FAA reg violators at Air Transport of the Carolinas/Precision Air, were able to hire 2 desperate pilots to fill those 2 slots that were open for a very long time!!!!! If these 2 pilots are any good ,they won't stay long!!!!! There are far too many other good jobs that are out there!!!!!(y)(y)

Latest resources

Back