Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
Guys and fellarettes, when is your next tranistion bid? I have seen the 3 classes that are starting but no more after that. I asked this on the SWAPA forum but no replies. Any help on what your bidding schedule looks like would be appreciated.

Bake

I'm pretty sure the next bid isn't until August for a September class date. There's a big break during the spring and summer months.

Thanks PCL, I thought you guys were going to come over at a faster rate but I wasn't sure of the timeline. Keep debating FLOP, it's fun to watch him squirm on his keyboard.

I tried to find the memo in FLICA that details the training pause. Couldn't find it. I wish SWA would send SWAPA copies of the memos. Does SWAPA basically just withhold info? I mean they could just ask for it from our guys. It's not a secret. But the last three memos basically said; 1. SWA will pay for our uniforms 2. MKE is going to be downsized by 4th quarter, but not eliminated (int'l flying) 3. Some summer transition classes, were suspended (737 to 717). If the IT problems are as bad as they say they are. I suspect management will have to come clean eventually and discuss amending the transition timeline/agreement. I would say 18 months. That's when GK expects the first Int'l SWA ticket to be sold. I jumpseat on you guys for work. I feel like a broken record, because so many SWA pilots don't know how few pilots are coming in the first year, how most of them will be 717 pilots and how the IT issues means SWA is hesitant to cut our 737 pilots loose.

Last edited:
humvee, we don't hear crap from the company or SWAPA. I will PM you my email. Forward what you can. What you don't feel comfortable with, I understand.

Bake

They actually got rid of the forum? Why?

Latest resources

Back