• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Help Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably the airtran guys going through training now are going to have access to the forum. Maybe they want to wash the slate clean. I bet there were some very interesting conversations going on over there. Too bad we did not have access to their site like they had access to ours!

They didn't get rid of the forum, they purged the entire forum history. Forum is still there, all previous threads are gone. Happened last week... right about the time our guys in training would have gotten access.

Probably better for all involved, anyway. The past is the past, moving on in a positive way.

They will be bringing back many parts that don't apply to the purchase. There were many great threads on safety, hotel, bar locations, etc.... I was told it is in the works. I personally think everything should have stayed....if you can't stand behind your words, don't type them...they were too worried about people getting their feelings hurt.

They will be bringing back many parts that don't apply to the purchase. There were many great threads on safety, hotel, bar locations, etc.... I was told it is in the works. I personally think everything should have stayed....if you can't stand behind your words, don't type them...they were too worried about people getting their feelings hurt.

Amen......

Not to mention that many of the posts were "edited" by moderators at the time.

It was/is a tough time for everyone involved, and lots of vitriolic posts were made. I am sure that the AT forums had similar types of posts.

We are all big boys and girls, and the posts should've been left on there. All of them. Based on my interaction with AT folks, there is a lot of ignorance about how this all went down, and many feel like we made out like bandits. Reading our posts would put a lot of this in perspective and help them see that this is a raw deal for almost half of our list (and the rest got nothing they didn't already have), particularly the east coast folks. "No harm" indeed.

Oh, and SWA is paying for uniforms for the AT guys?

Last edited:
Does Southwest pay for the uniforms for all Southwest pilots ?

No

Devils advocate: The AirTran contract says that if the 'company' changes the uniform - the company pays. Does the SWAPA contract say the same thing ?

For Bake - Less than 10% of Airtran pilots will transition in 2012. I think the number is 164.

AirTran didn't pay for my initial issue either. Our contract says a change in uniform will be provided by the company. If SWA is your first airline and first merger of pilot groups, I can understand the confusion.

AirTran didn't pay for my initial issue either. Our contract says a change in uniform will be provided by the company.

SW doesn't pay for any of them. Ever.

Next you're gonna tell me that SW is gonna pay for your parking too!

If SWA is your first airline and first merger of pilot groups, I can understand the confusion.

I am confused. The SW contract that you're being integrated into doesn't include uniform allowance. Which contract are you gonna be working under when you transition?

SW is my 8th airline, and this is my second acquisition resulting in SLI.

Out of those 8 airlines, only one (DHL) paid for my uniform.

We just got lucky then. And no.. They took the paid parking around the time the XM went away. I thought you guys would be happy SWA picked up the tab for the uniforms? My bad.

Latest resources

Back